“Winter paradise!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Thick gravy, warm comfort food, and easy accessibility. The place to hang when it's your typical Portland-grey- winter's day. Then hit the gym to burn the calories off!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Visited on Saturday morning....so we knew it would be busy.
HAd about a 20 minute wait...which was ok.
The food was good - not great. But we were rushed. Difficult to enjoy your food. Perhaps it would be wise to make your first visit during a quieter time....

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Saw pine state biscuits on tv and was excited to try it out. Wow! I wish these guys were still living in nc so we could have their biscuits more often. We went around 1130 on a Friday morning to avoid the crowds and was happy that we didn't have to wait long and was able to sit inside. The Reggie was amazing as was the plain regular biscuit. The hash browns were a little bland so I suggest you save your appetite for the biscuits. They won't disappoint.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Having seen the place introduced on tv and reading the rave reviews, I was super excited to try this place during a first time visit to Portland. I think that had my expectations not been so high I would’ve enjoyed it more. I ordered The Wedgie and the saltiness from the biscuit did not compliment the fried chicken well. Overall the dish was too salty and all of my friends thought the same about their biscuit sandwiches too. Had it been a dessert biscuit it would’ve been a lot better. I wouldn’t mind giving this place another try but it wouldn’t be a priority or amongst my top list of places to go to.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Small and sometimes crowded, this is a great place for lunch and now open for dinner