“Food cart perfection”

Cuisines: Czech
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Tabor was so delicious I had to stop by twice before my flight back to phoenix. Fresh ingredients, fast service and at a great price. I love the whole food cart experience and having delicious Czech food was such an added bonus. If you are in the area you must stop by and check these guys out- they know what they are doing.
Keep up the great work guys! Cheers

Reviewed October 19, 2012

schintzel sandwhich amazingness. big, filling and delicious. and right across from our hotel Monaco. Go for it

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I come from Washington DC, where there's plenty of diversity and food carts. But I have yet to see a Czech food cart in the area. When my friend and I went on a road trip last month to the West Coast, we made it a goal to eat only the great local food. Day before we got to Portland, we were searching for a good place to eat online. We read a ton of positive reviews on Tabor and decided this was the place to go.

Tabor was in an area with many other food carts. This one was in the corner and not on the main side so it was just a little difficult to find. I really enjoyed how the food cart was so tall and I had to step on this thing to talk through the window. It felt as if I was tip toeing to buy some candies at a candy store as a kid. The person at the window was a young lady, who was very nice. There was another man who seemed to be the cook. I ordered Schnitzelwich ($8) and Goulash ($7). We waited about ten minutes right outside the cart, which wasn't bad at all since we were having fun people watching.

We took the food and went to the near open area (I wish I knew what the name of this place) to eat. There were a lot of people here just sitting around and having fun. We also sat down on the grass to eat. I was surprised to find out how big the Schnitzelwich was. No wonder there was 1/2 Schnitzelwich option on the menu. I've had schnitzel many times before, but it was certainly different between buns and the mysterious sauce that tasted so good. We ended up sharing the Schnitzelwich because it was so big, but we really did enjoy every bite of it. Totally worth the price. My friend, who is a very picky eater, thoroughly enjoyed the goulash as well.

I miss this place and will definitely go back when I am in Portland next.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

What is the big deal? I totally don't get it. It's a big fried pork sandwich. No taste. My husband enjoyed it, but he enjoys most things breaded and fried. Two dollars extra to add cheese and a silly sticker--what??
Have a Cuban sandwich instead.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I got mushroom paprika soup and halusky (Czech spaetzle, or handmade egg noodles, with caramelized garlic cloves and feta). Both were simple perfection -- very flavorful, balanced, and extremely satisfying to eat. In two days of very good eating in Portland, these humble little $4 dishes stand out as the very best things I had.

It was all enough to obviate any regret about not ordering the pork sandwich, although I saw several orders go to customers ahead of me in line. The sandwich is a glorious thing to behold, and I am sure that it tastes as good as it looks.

1  Thank sociable_lapwing