“I really wanted to like the Horse Brass”
Review of Horse Brass Pub

Horse Brass Pub
Ranked #634 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've been reading about the Horse Brass for years. When I had a chance during a stay in PDX, I put it on my do-list and was excited about it. Well. . . . .

I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed. I've been in plenty of 'English style' pubs, including some actually in England. The Horse Brass may be a historical place in the PDX and northwest beer scene but, to me, it's a not-so-nice dark dank dive. Maybe that's how the locals want it but I just can't see what's so special. Do they have lots of local beer - sure, but...

Go to the Green Dragon instead - you'll be happier, in many ways.

Sorry Don.

1  Thank westslopejay

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Visiting a friend of our son's and they brought us here due to the extensive list of brewery choices. Learned a lot about the different choices and love that they offer different size pours to allow you to sample a variety without overindulging. Loved the atmosphere.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been here many times and it is a must for those that want to hang out with friends in a traditional pub setting. Many draft beers to choose from, cask conditioned and ciders.
The menu is great as well.. This time I had the Scotch Egg which was yummy! Go on Sunday for the Shepherds Pie special.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Folks looking for the above will be perfectly at home here. The tap selection is local and British, the food is British style made with locally grown ingredients, and the staff is friendly. It's hard to beat the feel of the brick and stone walls, the hardwood floors, the fireplace, the dartboards and billiards tables. I'll definitely go back when I'm in town.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Alot of old wood, a collection of old brass bottle openers and coasters adorn the walls. A great selection of pacific northwest craft beer, and food to boot. The day time bar tender was great, exactly what you would expect to find in a place like this; great stories. Where Portland brewers hangout when they are not at work!