“Great neighborhood, great price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland International Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 35 Portland B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Great neighborhood, great price”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very clean, comfortable room in a guesthouse with a shared bathroom. Great restaurants and shopping very close by and many more within walking distance. We used public transportation and were easily able to access the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlb113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I loved my visit to the Portland International Guesthouse. I stayed on the top floor and shared a bathroom with 1 other guestroom. My room was huge with comfy beds. I left the windows open during my entire stay (day and night). The location is great with several restaurants and shops within close walking distance. I even walked to the International Rose Garden. The walk was uphill but definitely doable. My only complaint was parking .... I got lucky the first night and parked right outside the guesthouse but the rest of the time I couldn't get within 5 blocks. So be prepared to walk. There is a small driveway for unloading but you're only allowed to park there for 10 minutes. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Smessen
Boechout, Belgium
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We (a family of 3 with a 5 year old) stayed over at the Guesthouse for a night in september, when ending our road trip coming from Utah.

If you've seen nothing but wilderness and western towns for two weeks, Portland brings you back to the hectic reality. The PI Guesthouse however is a haven of tranquility.

Our host was just great: arriving a bit early was no issue at all. The whole PDX concept breathes an atmosphere of trust and calm.

The room (nr 6)was spotlessly clean with plenty of space.

Parking in the neighbourhood proved not to be that big an issue.

Of course, a 'quiet neighbourhood' is very relative in Portland (expecially after having heard only trees and birds for two weeks), so we did need ear plugs.

Great place for a very very soft price!

Room Tip: all rooms looked great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A wonderful guest house in a quiet location in the Nob Hill area of Portland. The rooms were very comfortable (bathrooms are not in the rooms, which is a small disadvantage, but there are 3 bathrooms and only 7 rooms; there is a supply of clean bathmats and facecloths in each bathroom). There is no daily room servicing. Breakfast is do-it-yourself, with juice and milk, cereals, bread, jam, and peanut butter provided. You can store your own food in the fridge. There is a very comfortable sitting room and a balcony for general use.
The owner and attendants were extremely helpful, providing maps and bus timetables and information about the excellent local eateries (the Blue Moon serves fantastic beer!). There is free WiFi in the rooms, and they allowed us to print our boarding passes in their office.
On any trip to Portland, I would choose to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Portland International Guesthouse while visiting my son. It was truly a home away from home! Home was very cozy and inviting. It is in the charming Alphabet District full of great shops and restaurants in walking distance. Tim, the house host, was so welcoming and Stephen was very helpful when making my reservation. I can't wait to return! It was such a great experience for my first trip to Portland. Thank you! Colleen and Patrick

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 nights a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it! The place was so nice, clean, bright and had everything you needed. The location of the guesthouse is superb and there's next to no street noise of an evening so we slept like logs each night. The parking outside was a bit of a pain but as long as you were on the ball you can get a spot easy enough. I'd certainly stay here again. Top marks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Portland International Guesthouse for two nights and was delighted with our experience. The entire hostel was very clean and well kept and it was very quiet allowing us to get restful sleep. The only thing that I was not prepared for was how difficult it would be to find parking for our rental car. Overall, I'd recommend the guesthouse and stay again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple