“Everything you need in Portland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland International Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 36 Portland B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Everything you need in Portland”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Good, clean, value for money GH. Rooms are good quality, bathrooms and kitchen clean. Lots of info on Portland, good quiet location close to two main streets for shopping and food, beautiful area, close to bus stops if needed. Shared bathrooms, but enough to go around. Arrival and check in system easy, regardless of when you check in. Keep in mind it is like a high end hostel rather than a hotel, so the room isn't cleaned every day, the breakfast is basic but OK (self serve) and there are common areas - very cosy.
Portland has a number of very good mid range hotels as well elsewhere but I would come back here as good value for money and good location. WiFi is good too.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor away from common areas and two bathrooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JayKayAndDana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My boyfriend & i planned a last minute trip to Portland and found this wonderfully affordable B&B in a prime location of Portland's West Side -- within the "Nob Hill" district/area. The owners and staff are kind, friendly and accomodating. The house is lovely, clean, quiet, with all the ammenaties one could want. I would recommend this to any of my single/coupled friends... it's truly a gem. Plus, it's a block away from Trader Joe's and within walking distance of the Max trolly systems, restaurants, shops and the works. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 3 are warm, for those who run cooler. However, these are both off the kitchen -- which...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank veggiedarla
Spring Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stumbled upon a review for this guesthouse, liked what I saw, and made reservations. I am glad I did! What a great location, and a great value! My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at the Portland International Guesthouse in room 4. Room 4 is on the top floor, and has a very nice bathroom across the hall. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a small table and chairs set up with a nice hilltop view.

The house itself was quiet, clean and nicely kept. We were both hesitant about staying at a house vs. a hotel, but are glad we did. We were out on the town from about 9am until 10pm, so we didn't spend alot of time at the place, but the time we did spend was very nice.

The house is in a fantastic location, very near to the wonderful shops and restaurants of Northwest 23rd. Blocks from the MAX and bus routes, great shopping, eating, drinking, and within walking distance of the Rose Garden, Japanese Garden etc (via some steep steps). And a great place to go for a morning run! Did I mention Trader Joe's was basically next door? We would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms 4, 5 and 6 on the top floor seemed more private.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JaySimins
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This guesthouse is in a fantastic location... 1/2 blk to Trader Joe's, 2 blks to Pearl District, 6 blks. to light rail and Nob Hill. We felt very safe in the area at night walking to great restaurants. The guest house is nicely decorated, nice touches of fresh flowers, very efficiently run, kitchen has anything you need, the whole house is very clean, including the shared bathrooms. We liked staying up on the 3rd floor. The only thing we would suggest as an improvement would be the mattresses, quite soft and squeaky.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems to be the quietest.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Christie271
Vermont
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I booked a room here based on Trip Advisor recommendations and couldn't have been more pleased. As a woman traveling solo I'm very conscious of personal safety but I felt no concerns with the guest house or neighborhood. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable - far better than most motels I've stayed at. Yes the bathroom is shared but it was kept very clean and the shower was good. There's a homey full kitchen with cereals, bread and fruit that guests can help themselves to. The neighborhood is great - around the block is a wonderful coffee kiosk. Best breakfast is at the Stepping Stone Cafe, only a few blocks away. It's an easy walk (or bike ride) to the Pearl District and downtown. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if your luggage is heavy a second-floor room (rather than the third floor...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Winmalee, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We booked room 5 for a three night stay. Very reasonable price at $80 ish per night. Trader Joes is a couple of buildings away and open til 10 pm so it was easy to take advantage of the fully equipped share kitchen to make healthy low cost meals. There are three spotlessly clean share bathrooms so there is no problem sharing amongst just a few rooms. Could not fault this place. Free wifi, tourist info, comfy bed, breakfast supplies,tea and coffee supplies all included. Location is fantastic. Plent of restaurants and cinema 21 just around the corner. 15 min walk to downtown or take the 17 bus just a block away. Loved it! 10 out of 10

• Stayed September 2011
north vancouver
Reviewed September 22, 2011

It was a very nice place, everything was clean, the price is not bad at all.
the location is good, very close to downtown and there are lots of restaurants and stores that u can walk to. I would recomend this place and If I go back to Portland I would stay there.
ohh and Tom was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: try to stay in room number 1,2 or 3 if u have lots of bags. When I was leaving I had hard time with...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family