Portland International Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
Hotel deLuxe(Portland)
Sentinel(Portland)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewstrader joeshome away from homeshared bathroomguest houseentire place was spotlessalphabet districtinternational rose gardencool neighborhoodgreat wifibus stopturn of the centuryquiet streetclose to downtownmy entire staywithin blockscommon areasqueen bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I booked a room here based on Trip Advisor recommendations and couldn't have been more pleased. As a woman traveling solo I'm very conscious of personal safety but I felt no concerns with the guest house or neighborhood. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable - far better than most motels I've stayed at. Yes the bathroom is shared but it was kept very clean and the shower was good. There's a homey full kitchen with cereals, bread and fruit that guests can help themselves to. The neighborhood is great - around the block is a wonderful coffee kiosk. Best breakfast is at the Stepping Stone Cafe, only a few blocks away. It's an easy walk (or bike ride) to the Pearl District and downtown. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if your luggage is heavy a second-floor room (rather than the third floor) might be a better choice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We booked room 5 for a three night stay. Very reasonable price at $80 ish per night. Trader Joes is a couple of buildings away and open til 10 pm so it was easy to take advantage of the fully equipped share kitchen to make healthy low cost meals. There are three spotlessly clean share bathrooms so there is no problem sharing amongst just a few rooms. Could not fault this place. Free wifi, tourist info, comfy bed, breakfast supplies,tea and coffee supplies all included. Location is fantastic. Plent of restaurants and cinema 21 just around the corner. 15 min walk to downtown or take the 17 bus just a block away. Loved it! 10 out of 10

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 22, 2011

It was a very nice place, everything was clean, the price is not bad at all.
the location is good, very close to downtown and there are lots of restaurants and stores that u can walk to. I would recomend this place and If I go back to Portland I would stay there.
ohh and Tom was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: try to stay in room number 1,2 or 3 if u have lots of bags. When I was leaving I had hard time with all my bags.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I could not have been more pleased with my stay here. It was clean, friendly, economical, efficient in service, and located in one of the best areas for an out-of-towner to be in. The Rose Test Garden as well as the breathtakingly beautiful Japanese Gardens are just a short walk away, and there was never a shortage of bars and restaurants to stagger home from. To boot, it shares the block with a Trader Joe's (fantastic grocery store), which provided us with a couple picnic lunches to be consumed down the street at Couch Park. The hosts also provide orange juice, coffee, milk, cereal, etc., in a communal kitchen where guests are free to cook and lounge. The host was so helpful and knowledgeable about everything in the area. There was nothing lacking in the rooms or facilities, which I suspect was because he himself used to live in the house himself. So well thought out, and such a warm, welcoming place. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 2 - close to the bathrooms and kitchen.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bogler
Reviewed September 18, 2011

On the way back from the Oregon coast we wanted to spend two days in Portland without necessarily spending too much money for a motel/hotel. We found the Guesthouse by chance in the internet, and booked two nights there. We were glad we did!
The hosts are extremely friendly and helpful, with good recommendations for things to do in Portland and the vicinity. The house is absolutely clean, cozy and quiet. The free breakfast is generous, the location is in the middle of one of Portland's most interesting neighborhoods. We would not hesitate to stay here again. We had room 3, if I recall correctly - next to the kitchen and balcony on the 2nd floor. Noise from the other residents was never a problem. If we ever make it back to Portland we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple