“Great food and value”

Ranked #876 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Pastini serves over 30 hand-crafted pasta dishes using ingredients from the Pacific Northwest. We opened our first store on NE Broadway in 2001 and now have 8 restaurants in Oregon. Everything is made in-house daily, from our soups to our slow simmered sauces. We offer lunch & dinner, a full bar, local microbrews and an affordable selection of NW and Italian wines.
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Excellent lunch specials including salad plus a creative pasta dish. Good for vegetarians and vegans.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Pastini quickly became one of my favorite restaurants after my first meal. The servers are kind and helpful, willing to make exceptions and modifications to taste. Some "off the menu" items such as the "multi carne" are a must try for hungrier meat eaters. The white bean salad happens to be my moms favorite. This is not your run of the mill pasta stop.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Not sure what the problem was with some of the other reviews. We visited Portland in late July, and the service and food was very good, what we would expect from an Italian diner. Liked the atmosphere. Our waiter was nice and helpful, as was the manager. My wife and I both enjoyed our meals, and we love Italian food. For a good meal at a reasonable price in this restaurant area, it was a good alternative to some of the very crowded locations.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I go into a pastini every month or so and order the double noodle and double chicken dish because it feeds me for two days. On this particular occasion, I picked up my order, got home and looked inside to find a half order of chicken and a half order of noodles. No problem, I called the restaurant and talked to the manager who asked for my address and said that she would mail me a gift certificate for the meal. Great! After six months I still have not received my mailing. To top it off...the chicken was undercooked. This restaurant was very customer friendly when they first opened, but they have gone far downhill since. Not just the SE location...the rest seem to be struggling for business and have a certain look of desperation about them.

PastaYum, Guest Relations Manager at Pastini Pastaria - Southeast Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

We are very sorry for you negative experience! We are not sure what happened to your gift certificate, but you most certainly should have recieved in a timely fashion. We would love to make it up to you with a $20.00 gift certificate. There have been a lot of exciting menu changes since you where last in and we hope that you enjoy them! You can contact us with your address through TripAdvisor or you can contact the management at Pastini on SE Division. While we believe that the lapse was an honest mistake, we want to let you know that that location has a new management team, and they are wonderful.
Once again, please accept our apologies! We really hope to see you again.
Best,

Carly
Pastini Restaurants

Reviewed February 14, 2008

I've lived in SE Portland a couple years now and have been to this Pastini a few times. For my grad-student budget, the price and quality are right on for the rare times I am able to eat out. The quality and atmosphere are a lot better than the chain pasta restaurants I was used to in the Midwest. I'm a big fan of the Scampit for $8 or so. Great food deal there.