“This really must be the best in town, because it was great and the town is very small.”

The Crazy Norwegian's Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Crazy's is an old school Fish and Chips joint. All food is made from scratch-no packages, no junk. We make delicious desserts, soups, salads and burgers as well as fish. When available there will be local fish and veggies!
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We were advised that The Crazy Norwegian has the best fish and chips in town, so we took an order home for lunch. The fish was excellent and the tartar sauce the best I have had. The fries were average (and cold by the time we got to them.) The make a very good fresh lemonade too. We ended up going back for dinner, which was quite crowded so we had to wait. The crab melt was loaded with good crab; their home-made sourdough was fine grilled but dry and tasteless as a side.

There are newer reviews for The Crazy Norwegian's Fish & Chips

Reviewed May 25, 2009

We went after the lunch rush and there was only 1 table available so I am thinking it gets crowded at times. It is not a very big place but clean and food was tasty. One can order a mini-meal which is nice when you don't want a lot of food - this was for the fish and chips and a few other selected meals - not all of them. Wait staff was okay - not overly friendly or attentive - I will chalk it up to their youth ? Food was a little slow in coming out and we had to ask for refills on our drinks as well as ask for our check.

Reviewed May 5, 2009

Last week I was vacationing along the southern coast of Oregon. I decided that morning of Thursday, April 30th, that I was going to try the Norweigans on my way through Port Orford. I'm glad I gave it a try. The waitress did a wonderful job, and she had a wonderful personality. I even shared a few jokes with her. Anyhow, I ordered a cheeseburger with fries. The cheeseburger tasted as good as we make during our family get togethers. In other words, it tasted really good. The fries were also just the right crispiness. I came hungry, and left full. I felt the price was real reasonable for the good quality of the food. I'm definitely stopping here again on my way through Port Orford someday. I won't hesitate to recommend it to other travelers as well.

Reviewed October 8, 2008

We had heard about this place from our research on Trip Advisor and the fabulous reviews we had read were bang on. I had the fish and chips and my partner had the crab cakes - both were fresher than fresh and extremely tasty. The place is small and quaint and it's evident that all the food is prepared fresh when ordered. The only reason I am not giving it an excellent is that I prefer my fish and chips with halibut and this one was with cod but that is not a reflection on the place itself ... just a matter of personal taste. A definite stop in your travels! but be aware - it's closed on Tuesdays which forced us to find another place for our second night in Port Orford.

Reviewed September 1, 2007

Simple little restaurant with excellent clam chowder & marionberry pie. Give it a try ... but be warned they close early (about 8pm).