“Delicious Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Crazy Norwegian's Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Crazy's is a old school Fish and Chips joint. All food is made from scratch-no packages, no junk. We make delicious desserts, soups, salads and burgers as well as fish. When available there will be local fish and veggies!
Garibaldi, Oregon, United States
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Crazy Norwegians Restaurant while traveling south on the Oregon Coast Highway. This restaurant was recommended to us last year by another couple, so on this year's trip we tried it. The Fish & Chips were excellent. The fish was very fresh, and fried with a delicate light batter. The homemade Marion Berry Pie was also recommended to us, so we indulged ourselves with pie ala mode. Delicious!! The other items on the menu also looked good, and all were reasonably priced. This is a definite thumbs up for this restaurant.

Lincoln City, Oregon
“More than a fish and chips restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Honestly, we did not expect much from a small, roadside restaurant named the Crazy Norwegian. But a friend who lives in the area recommended it, so we stopped by for lunch. Wow. It's tiny and certainly not fancy, but the food is . . . well, can we call it crazy good? My wife had fish and chips. They were excellent, very lightly breaded and cooked perfectly. She got four large pieces. The dill tarter sauce was superb. Since she is not a french fry fan, she asked for a substitute and got pasta salad and cole slaw. Both were delicious and the pasta was whole wheat, a pleasant surprise. She also tried the homemade mushroom soup, which is not always available. It was amazing. I ordered a Greek salad. The plate on which it was served was too small, making it somewhat difficult to eat, but it was good. It included kalamata olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, red pepper pieces, onion and LOTS of feta cheese. Yum. The have good beers, too.

Gold Beach, Oregon
“Crazy Combo Platter is CRAZY GOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We drove up to Port Orford for a Sunday drive. Our intentions were to eat at the Crazy Norwegian and we did. Happy with our experience. Waitress was friendly and quick to get drink refills and anything else we needed. I ordered the crazy combo platter. All I can say is wow, $15 and I couldn't eat it all. All kinds of bang for your buck! 2 jumbo butterflied prawns, 2 filets of fish, big clam strips, coleslaw, and big helping of fries. For me the only thing lacking was the breading. It was slightly soggy on a few pieces, it is a fluffy tampura style breading. I prefer a crispier panko style breading. If you're looking for good food try this place. I also enjoyed looking at the variety of pictures and items decorating the walls.

1 Thank JetboatWilly
Missoula, Montana
“Good Crab melt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

After stopping at a few places looking for ice cream for my daughter we found this restaurant. I ordered the crab melt, it was excellent, wish I would have had room for pie.

Visited March 2013
Palm Springs, California
“For Sale”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Place is for sale and no one cares - terrible service and food was just OK. Maybe new owners will care????

Visited March 2013