“Surpringly good food in an unexpected place”
Review of Paula's Bistro - CLOSED

Paula's Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We visited Port Orford in the October - which is apparently the off-season for the coast. Thus most dining establishments were closed.

Paula's was open (dinner only), and we decided to give it a try. What a lucky find in the middle of nowhere! The duck stroganov with filled pasta was excellent. Salads and bread good as well. Beer and wine selection great.

Paula waited the tables herself, and although a bit absent minded, she was a warm and friendly hostess. We sat next to a French couple cycling the coast, and had a great conversation with them.

If you find yourself on the Oregon coast, drop into Paula's. She'll take care of you.

1  Thank kdcarver

Reviewed July 23, 2009

We ate dinner at Paula:s both nights in Port Orford. Food and service very good.

Reviewed June 16, 2009

Paula's Bistro is a gem in a town that appears too down-on-its heels to offer this kind of fare. Paula recommended the rack of lamb Provencal for me and it did not disappoint. My husband had one of the specials, fresh sea bass in a beurre blanc, which was also delicious. The soup, bread and salad were all excellent. The house pinot noir was very smooth.

Reviewed October 27, 2008

Upon our Inn Keeper's recommendation we made reservations at Paula's for dinner the last night in Port Orford. Cute little bistro, brightly decorated in colorful hues. There were several full tables. Our experience was not the best. My husband and I both ordered the special fish dinner. Soup and Salad included which was a nicely priced package however, when our dinners arrived, my husbands was perfect - mine was raw. I pushed the dish aside. Our waiter, Paula's husband, came and took the dish after telling him that I would not eat it raw. Never offered anything else. Shortly thereafter, our check is placed on our table nor was I offered a replacement. I was astonished to see that he had charged us full price for a meal that was not even (partial compensation would have been appreciated). When I asked to speak with the owner, he took ownership of the restaurant and proceeded to argue with me that my meal was perfectly prepared (raw?). I wonder if our results would have been different had Paula been there. Not sure if she was or not but the end result is that we paid our bill and left no tip. Not our style but our experience was not pleasant.

1  Thank cdoneganfr
Reviewed August 9, 2008

We booked into Paula's Bistro for the last night of our vacation, not expecting much since Port Orford is a sleepy village on the coast, part of its charm. Consequently, we were amazed to have such a tasty dinner, one of the specials which included soup, salad, and entree. Paula is the chef and her husband, a frenchman, works the front. Both are charming. The ambiance is colorful and artful. And there was a terrific combo playing that could have been featured in any major city. What an amazing experience an a wonderful way to end our trip.

1  Thank Lily07