“Best clam appetizer”

Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY, 2017. WE WILL REOPEN FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Opened in Summer 2010, Redfish offers Contemporary Coastal cuisine and drink in a modern, casual, and original setting with one of the most spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean on the Coast. Redfish serves sustainable products from local farmers and fishermen wherever possible. Our Chef uses the freshest local and regional foods in partnership with family producers and artisan purveyors. Redfish provides an excellent dining experience for intimate affairs, families and large parties. Call for hours at 541.366.2200. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and Sundays brunch as well.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Best clam appetizer. Was prepared differently than most other restaurants and we enjoyed the difference. Our twelve year old daughter enjoyed them so much she ordered a second bowl to enjoy as her entree. View was amazing of the oregon coast.

There are newer reviews for Redfish

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Having seen the prices of food they must think they are way better than they really are.
The lunch menu is disappointing mostly consists of burgers and sandwiches.
Lamb burger was a whopping $17 and comes with no fries but with tiny salad though it was tasty and cooked right but doesn't justify $17 price tag. Kobe beef burger comes with salad also. Beef burger was supposed to be medium rare but it was medium to well done hence dry.
You have to pay extra for potato wedges!
If you are charging $15-$17 for a burger then it's only fair to serve fries/potatoes/coleslaw with it included in the price! They need to improve their technique in frying potatoes as they weren't crispy and in fact some of them were still hard inside (just on this side of cooked).
We were prepared to raise the issues with food with the waiter had he given us a chance and not deserted us. Since bringing our meals to the table he only appeared again to clear the table and at that point unfortunately I was in the restroom and my wife decided it wasn't worth mentioning anything.
The wait staff were not friendly at all, no smiles very direct and abrupt. We weren't even asked if we wanted any desert he just brought the bill without us requesting it - how rude! I really fancied some Vanilla Creme Brûlée as it looked nice but the waiter decided we weren't allowed!?
They apparently had a big table prior to us but that's no excuse for treating people in the way they do. If they can't handle pressure then they should not be working in any customer facing business.
The view from the deck is stunning but you get the same view from the car park.

2  Thank Musti S
chris h, Owner at Redfish, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

While I agree that poor service is unacceptable, I feel a correction is in order. The burgers, of which we have 3 on the lunch menu, come with your choice of salad or duck fat fried potatoes. If you choose potatoes we include a small amount of salad in case you would like greens on your burger.
If you choose the salad, you can get a large ramekin of potatoes as a side for $3.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We considered having dinner there; an attractive place. There is a large bar. We had cold drinks and looked the menu over. It wasn't a large menu with many choices; though they looked good just didn't appeal to us that day; kind of spendy. Not too high priced, though. I would try it again another night. We sat on the deck with a lovely ocean view.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stopped here for lunch while driving along the coast. Nice ocean view. Seemed to be understaffed. Took a while to get our food (fish sandwich and a barbecue sandwich). Waitress never came back to check on us or fill our drinks. I had to get up and find her to get the check. Food was average. I was still hungry when I left. My first and last time there.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I don't like to wait for food that does not need to be waited on. We had to ask for all the set-up's.
They have OK food, but, service needs work. This makes for less than a great dining experience.

1  Thank davendeb51
chris h, Owner at Redfish, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Restaurant service is a team effort. If 1 person drops the ball, the whole team suffers, not the least of which is the guest experience. I apologize for your experience.

I have to question the title of your review. There has only been a restaurant in this location for less than 4 years.