“Great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Redfish

Redfish
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY, 2017. WE WILL REOPEN FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Opened in Summer 2010, Redfish offers Contemporary Coastal cuisine and drink in a modern, casual, and original setting with one of the most spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean on the Coast. Redfish serves sustainable products from local farmers and fishermen wherever possible. Our Chef uses the freshest local and regional foods in partnership with family producers and artisan purveyors. Redfish provides an excellent dining experience for intimate affairs, families and large parties. Call for hours at 541.366.2200. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and Sundays brunch as well.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My fiance and I had dinner at the Redfish one evening and we felt as though we had left Port Orford and entered a trendy/hip city. This restaurant style and decor does not seem to fit in the little old fishing town of Port Orford. But we were glad we found it because the view was fantastic.

The waiter was very nice and he took our photos on the deck with our camera.
I had free ranger chicken with prawns where were good. This was not the best meal I had on our trip by any means. I remember it being good, no complaints, but it was not memorable. They do have a nice size menu from which to choose.

It appears the dining in Port orford is limited so if you are staying there the Redfish is most likely the best restaurant in town.

Portland, Oregon
“Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wow. What a great experience.

First of all, for such a nice restaurant to be located in Port Orford, Oregon - huh? - and in the primo spot in Port Orford (right above Battle Rock and looking south out toward Mt Humbug), and then for the food to be exquisite, and the service fantastic…Amazing.

It's hard to know where to begin. Once you've gotten it out of your head that you are in the paradoxically a) the spectacularly beautiful stretch of coast and b) the not-so-charming-a-town aesthetically, you sit down in a elegant and brilliantly designed space; all glass facing the ocean, a beautiful bar area and lots of very nice modern art decorating the place from the Hawthorne Gallery next door, then, for us, Robbie Hayden is our host, bartender, and waiter, mixing us some wonderful cocktails of his own devising and guiding us through the menu - one of those which you hate to order any particular item because you fear you'll miss out on another.

Robbie was very cognizant of which items contained gluten and I was delighted with how many items Redfish was making that had no gluten.

The four of us shared the crab cakes, which were both gluten-free and delectable, as were the scallops served on a tasty bed of truffled grits with some fresh bacon pieces in accompaniment. Three of us ended up having the New York strip with a jalapeno yam gratin and crimini mushrooms - every morsel was heaven. My dad had the grilled salmon accompanied by some delightful looking items which I am not sure of because I was so engrossed in my own meal. He was delighted as well and, alas, none of us could find room for dessert!

I saw someone else order the "burger" (caramelized onions, garlic herb cheese, and roasted peppers) and, if it was not for my gluten intolerance, I would have been hard-pressed to resist that thing of beauty.

This meal was as good as any I have had in Portland (not in any way to underrate how many great restaurants we have in PDX) - but, hey, it was in…where? Port Orchard? No, Port Orford! The entire experience - the place, the service, the food - was exceptional.

And, if I seem to be knocking on Port Orford, excuse me, I graduated from high school there in 1978! Redfish seems like it's from another planet in my old stomping grounds.

So, find your way down to Port Orford, take in some of the most beautiful coast line anywhere, and eat at this restaurant. You deserve it.

1 Thank DaveG_pdx
Portland, Oregon
“The best food on the coast north of San Francisco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

A regular stop on our surf trip's to Port Orford. Food is always amazing and a real gem to have. View is amazing over the surf and the Port Orford Bay. Fish is right from local docks, chef is changing things up with the local veggies and seasons all the time.

Need to make a reservation though - as walk in's can be turned away often (especially because the other dining options in town are limited and when the other restaurants don't open (Monday's/Tuesdays I think) Red Fish is packed...and on the weekends too.

Julie and Chris also have the Hawthorn Gallery that you should check out - or rent their loft to stay right above the restaurant and wake up to one of the best sunrise views on the pacific coast!

Corral de Tierra, California, United States
“Best Chinook I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

While staying at a bead and breakfast in Port Orford a couple years ago, we were advised to have dinner at the Redfish, which had recently opened. My spouse had bouillabaisse, which was excellent. I ordered a fillet of Chinook. I cannot describe how excellent it was! Tomorrow we are again in Oregon, and we have reservations!

Visited June 2013
“rude and unhelpful staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited attracted by the illuminated espresso coffee sign to have coffee for 5, including a wheelchair user. It was quiet with just a couple of tables occupied and we asked for coffee and were told we'd have to wait over half an hour and then that meals would take priority. He never said it was more a restaurant and that wasn't obvious at all - even when we were inside. We asked if we could bring our wheelchair user in and got told "I don't understand you. It will be over half an hour's wait". We left! One of their customers came out and more or less apologised for the rude member of staff and she explained it was more of a restaurant and where we could find a nice coffee house further down the road.

We won't be back! Not for food or coffee.

Visited June 2013