“Simply the best restaurant along the Oregon Coast”
Review of Redfish

Redfish
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY, 2017. WE WILL REOPEN FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Opened in Summer 2010, Redfish offers Contemporary Coastal cuisine and drink in a modern, casual, and original setting with one of the most spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean on the Coast. Redfish serves sustainable products from local farmers and fishermen wherever possible. Our Chef uses the freshest local and regional foods in partnership with family producers and artisan purveyors. Redfish provides an excellent dining experience for intimate affairs, families and large parties. Call for hours at 541.366.2200. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and Sundays brunch as well.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wow, and I mean WOW this is great food. The Fantastic food, beautiful views, great service was the perfect ending to a hike on the Rogue with my friends. We shared bites of our dishes with each other and raved about the food we were eating. I highly recommend to anyone taking a trip along the Oregon - you've got to stop and eat at this restaurant.

Almost forgot to mention the wonderful sculptures outside the restaurant and the pleasing artwork inside the restaurant. Wonderful experience!

1  Thank OregonTravelLady

Reviewed June 1, 2013

And I love crab cakes -- they're a dish, whether as an appetizer (in this case) or a main, by which I judge a Northwest seafood restaurant. These were luscious -- full of crab, and, if there was any filler, it was undetectable --with just a bit of a kick. I had the halibut, and my husband had the salmon and both were great. The view is beautifult -- I would love to be there on a night that it was warm enough to sit outside.
We ate there on a weeknight, and it was nearly full -- I'd highly recommend making a reservation. The manager was the bartender, sommelier, waiter -- and he did it all well. He gets 5 stars for patience and graciousness -- a table adjacent ours had a diner that was, shall we say, ridiculously picky -- she started with a list of foods she either couldn't or wouldn't eat -- he said that he and the chef would do their best to create a dish for her -- he must have made 3 trips back to the kitchen to try to come up with something that would suit her. They are primarily a seafood restaurant but certainly had poultry, beef and pork on the menu too. I don't know what she finally ended up with -- but, when it came to the table, she went up to bar to ask him why it tasted like citrus (which she didn't eat), and he explained it was the wine in the sauce -- I just hope they left him a generous tip!
Highly recommend. If you get there early enough, visit the gallery next door. It is owned by the same family and is lovely -- expensive objects that would require a large house/estate -- but beautiful to walk through.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Driving through Port Orford on 101 a stop at the Redfish Restaurant is a must. It's located right next to Battle Rock park in the center of town. The views are magnificent whether you eat inside or on the deck. Not hungry? Stop anyways for a glass of wine or a cocktail and just enjoy the views. They have an excellent menu and food here is really terrific as is the service. The salads are fresh and the portions generous. My wife and I split one and it was plenty. The salmon was fresh caught that morning and prepared perfectly. They had a nice selection of desserts but unfortunately we didn't leave room. They have a nice wine list with some southern Oregon selections. I highly recommend you build a stop at the Redfish into your travel itinerary.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I are locals. We occasionally visit Redfish on Sundays for their brunch. So do lots of other local folks! The view is...incredible. The restaurant is clean and upscale. Decor is influenced by the art gallery next door. Beautiful art that you don't see in other restaurants along the coast. They have a creative chef that could be working in any upscale restaurant in San Francisco or New York. Prices are slightly higher than what you'll see at other restaurants in the area. But then, there really aren't that many restaurants like Redfish out here. Stop in for a glass of wine, dinner or their scrumptious Sunday Brunch. Memorable - and romantic. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Best option for a nice/special occasion dinner. You cannot beat the view - worth the premium. My food was good but a little too sweet on the dressings and sauces. Our waiter was very nice and decor was fabulous, very artsy.