“High quality food; may need to adjust to a slower dining experience , Flies can be a problem .”
Review of Redfish

Redfish
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY, 2017. WE WILL REOPEN FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Opened in Summer 2010, Redfish offers Contemporary Coastal cuisine and drink in a modern, casual, and original setting with one of the most spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean on the Coast. Redfish serves sustainable products from local farmers and fishermen wherever possible. Our Chef uses the freshest local and regional foods in partnership with family producers and artisan purveyors. Redfish provides an excellent dining experience for intimate affairs, families and large parties. Call for hours at 541.366.2200. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and Sundays brunch as well.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

At the outset, I want to say that I really enjoyed my meal at Redfish. In the review, I mention a few less than perfect things, but overall, I would be back. It would take a strong local competitor to make me re-explore my ratings. No such comptetitor is yet there.

The food:
My wife and I decided to give Redfish a try for lunch on October 2nd, 2012. When we arrived the outdoor section was pretty full and we decided to eat in the restaurant. We were greeted fairly quickly after taking our seats. We asked for and received water while perusing the appetizers and wine lists. I ordered a local Pilsner and was happy with it.

We skipped appetizers and ordered from the main lunch menu. I had the crusty Pork Carnitas sandwich, which was comprised of a ciabatta bun, red onion, tomato & greens, with a smoked jalapeno aioli & sliced avocado. The sandwich was presented well on the servnvg plate The pork was perfect, not greasy and not too dry to enjoyl The sandwich, while delicious, was more than I could eat at one setting. Our waiter was very prompt in bringing us take home bags when requested.

My wife ordered the Crabcake sandwich and it was excellent and arrived with nice plate presentation. It incorportated oregon dungeness crab, warm ciabatta, chipotle mayo, cheddar & sprout.s,

Service at redfish was decent, but not great. Based on the length of time the entrees took to arrive, we were just about to flag the waitress and inquire on the nature of the delay. Our plates made it to the table just before this would have happened,'
Based on other reviews on Tripadvisor, I expected a somewhat trendy atmosphere and that if you couldn't wait on things to arrive a bit more tardily than usual, that Redfish may not be for you. I felt what I experienced had lived up to Tripadvisor warnings contained in revews.

Finally, I must regretfully address what may be the single most important deciding factor for people on whether or not to give Redfish a try. jIt's the flies, the enormous number of flies present on my table, on the nearby glass and curtained walls. You see, whenever a restaurant has an outdoor dining section that is not screened off from the inside diners and food preparation sites, flies will abound.

A solution should be sought, because like it or not, flies are goiing to put off some of your best customers. Consider setting up traps located well away from the restataurant and have someone monitor them and replace when necessary.

Other than my above quibbles, I truly enjoyed Redfish and will come back when I'm in the area It is that good,

There are newer reviews for Redfish

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have frequented the Redfish and have always had outstanding food, whether it be the appetizers, salads, main course, or desserts. The exquisite ocean view, the beautiful and unique interior (a collaborative venture of the Hawthorne family), and the oft-heard soft jazz performed live on Friday nights add to the "treat for all senses." A great night out!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Found this at the end of the town just at the beach ...it was a godsend as there was not much else happening in this town food wise. Service was great efficient and friendly and view is superb!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a wonderful lunch there. They are a little on the high end but the presentation of the meal, and the blend of spices was excellent. I had their turkey sandwich and my husband had their crab sandwich. We were both very satisfied.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

On an enjoyable and lengthy road trip through the Pacific North West, Redfish provided one of our top meals in a most unlikely location. Amidst a dearth of good restaurants on the Oregon Coast, Redfish provided a welcome change with modern decor, an interesting menu and, when we visited, attentive service and excellent food. It was a Sunday and we booked in advance although we might have got a walk-in had we chanced it later in the evening. The place has a modern look, out of keeping with the town, and a view outside that is worth its weight in gold. The whale that had been languishing around the bay in the morning had left by the time we sat down but on a clear sunny, early fall evening, the light over the bay could have distracted us from our food but its quality and presentation kept us focused on the meal. The steak was cooked to perfection and the pork was both tasty and suffcient in size for a take-away snack on the next leg of our journey.
Port Orford may not yet be a grastronomic destination but with Redfish of the waterside, moor is the pity. 35 days on the road, and this meal was in the top three.