“True Oregon Experience at it's Best”
Review of Shoreline Motel

Shoreline Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Orford
Shoreline Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Port Orford
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were moving to Port Orford, and when we got here the place we were to move into was not what we had been expecting. We were tired after a long drive from Nevada with all our things in our moving truck. I was dispirited and felt I would now be homeless.
The owners here at Shoreline are wonderful people and are helping us out for a while. The view here and the wonderful owners have restored my faith in people again.
You will love this nice "true coastal experience" here at Shoreline. Great price, Nice accommodations and great value.
Thank You Shoreline. If you stay here You will love it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brenda P
There are newer reviews for Shoreline Motel

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm not a picky traveler, and on the whole Shoreline is just what I would ask for from a motel. It's an older building, which is more to my taste than some more modern and sanitized accommodations. The manager was very nice, and I also like that the room feels situated to the area. My room included both a history of Port Orford and some Oregon coast paintings. The biggest disappointment was the shower, which has a very low head, and the towels, most of which are really far past their prime, and rough. But on the whole this is what we were looking for, and one of the more reasonably priced motels in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Evan6477
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stopping here was not my destination. I was tired and the motel was across from city park with great view. The room was simple with firm clean bed, hot shower and very clean thruout. Wi fi an unexpected bonus
Owner was helpful re dining advice and when i check out asked if i needed anything else
Also a great value

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Lawrence H
Reviewed June 20, 2012

After a long, long drive on the 101 my wife and I decided to stop in Port Orford and man are we glad we did! The couple who own the motel were absolutely wonderful people who will go out of their way to help. The type of people who would literally give you the shirt off their back if you were in need. I asked them if there was anywhere to get our car washed and they offered to let me do it there for free. Betty (one of the owners) even came out a helped me wash the car and offered me a beer! You can't beat that type of service. As the other reviews have stated, this isn't Holiday Inn, it's a small family owned business with basic amenities, a beautiful view, and some of the loveliest people you will ever meet. Also, as the reviewer ArnoldQuesnelBC stated, Shoreline has had a change of management, so I would be willing to bet you the negative reviews preceded these awesome human beings. I want to live on this planet again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EMiltonCSquared
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I am on a bicycle trip. Stopped at the Shoreline right across from a beautiful ocean view. The lady who owns the place was very helpful checking me in. Horrendous weather so I decided to leave my bike in Port Orford for a few days till the storms passed and go to San Francisco to wait it out. I went to the office to find out how I could get to Brookings to rent a car. The lady went out of her way to find me a shuttle bus and drove me to the bus stop. She also stored my bike for me until I return. If there was no shuttle she would have driven me to Bandon. She has not owned the motel for a long time so I think she can't be blamed for past service. She was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank ArnoldQuesnelBC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We literally picked this motel from the side of the road at the end of a long day of driving. It is located right across the street from one of the most beautiful viewpoints along the Oregon Coast- Battle Rock City Park. The management was friendly, customers a little dodgy, but the room was clean and just big enough for our family of 4- two adults, a toddler and a baby. Everything worked ok, but nothing fancy here and the bed wasn't all that comfortable. I wouldn't want to spend more than a night or two, but it was fine for a break from camping in the rain.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DJL4
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The Shoreline is a great little place if you're passing through Port Orford. The bed was comfortable, room had clean, basic amenities, and right across the street is a beautiful beach to watch the sunrise! The staff was very friendly and provided prompt service. If you're looking for all the amenities standard at chain hotels (free wifi, room service), this isn't the place for you. If you need a nice, little place to stay for a night in a beautiful location without a lot of fuss, then you've found it. My partner and I aren't high maintenance people, so this worked out great for us as a break from out hiking and camping adventures.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Gold Beach
Azalea Lodge
Azalea Lodge
#5 of 8 in Gold Beach

Been to Shoreline Motel? Share your experiences!