“Awesome lunch in unique setting in a working harbour”

Griff's On The Dock
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small Restaurant Located Right On The Dock - Fresh And Delicisiou Seafood Right Off The Boats..
Rural SC
“Awesome lunch in unique setting in a working harbour”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We ate lunch at Griff's on our visit to Port Orford. Excellent fish and chips with fresh red snapper
for my husband, and I had a bowl of the house cioppino- and it was delicious! And both were generous sized portions. The restaurant is more of a diner, and very low key and is located at the center of a working port. After lunch we watched one of the commercial fishing boats lifted off it's trailer and hoisted into the water by the port crane operator. Fascinating- on of the only ports that handle boats this way.

Huntsville, TX
“Great Stop for Crab”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place exudes atmosphere, right in the middle of a working harbor. My husband and I shared a delicious crab, served beautifully and quicker than I thought possible. The crab and a cold beer made this a great stop for us. This place is loaded with character. Do take a peak at the small museum inside the restaurant.

Milwaukee
“Nice food and the Dock activity should be an attraction in its own right!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were staying up the hill and saw the sign to Griff's, so we walked down, which is a bit of a trek, and easily found the restaurant. I had the Dungeness Crab, which based on subsequent prining I saw, was very reasonable ($8.99 per pound), and it tased good. I forget what my wife had but she said it was excellent.
The real treat came after the meal, when we decided to walk around the dock. We had noticed that there were a lot of boats on the dock, on big wheeled trailers, and none in the water. When I asked we were told that all boats are put into and taken out of the water by the cranes, every day!, as it can get really windy, and not having a true harbour the boats would end up on the beach, a boat was returning, and lo and behold it came alongside, the crane operator dropped his hook, four large cables were attached and the boad was hoisted out of the water, and swung over and on to its trailer. All very efficiently. Then they off loaded all the fis into barrels, awaiting for the buyers in the morning.

Visited June 2014
Springfield, Oregon
“Not Worth the Money”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My son and I took a drive down the coast from Coos Bay to Port Orford on Father's Day. Not much to choose from when it comes to restaurants in the area. We were both starving so when we spotted Griffs and it was open, we stopped in for dinner. I had the ribeye and my son had the 2 piece fish and chips. My ribeye was not much larger than the blade of the steak knife and so tough, I even had trouble cutting it with that knife. It was covered in peppercorns, not ground pepper which didn't help the flavor. The salad was small but ok. My son enjoyed his fish and fries but had quite the bad reaction the next day, having nasty stomach pains and having to make frequent trips to the restroom. The meals were hugely disappointing and definitely not worth the money they charged. On the plus side, the server - Judy - was one of the best I've encountered here on the coast. She is the only reason I gave 2 stars instead of 1.

1 Thank Debbie T
bend
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were here by accident about three years ago and could never remember where it was located. Finally found it again and had lunch. Steamers were really FRESH. Fish and chips were great also. Staff provided great service. The location is so special by the boat docks. It's exactly the way you would picture one of those quaint places you long for on the coast. We are planning to take a drive just to go back down there to eat.

Visited April 2014