“Amazing”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Small Restaurant Located Right On The Dock - Fresh And Delicisiou Seafood Right Off The Boats..
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Must go!! You will be surprised - but, don't go when I want to go again - small place and I want to get in!!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

By the time my wife and I arrived at the dock, we had worked up quite an appetite with our sightseeing for the morning and early afternoon on our day trip from Coos Bay. We decided we didn't want just the ordinary, so we opted to try Griff's.
As mentioned by others, it doesn't look like much from the outside or the inside, but it is decorated with a nautical flavor, as one might expect from such a restaurant. It has just a few tables, but it wasn't busy when we were there. We only had two or three other tables fill up while we were there. Our waitress was a hoot!
My wife and I both had some decent seafood at a fairly reasonable price, so I wouldn't turn down an invitation to go back there if I were in the area again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Well, in our seemingly never ending search for the best Cioppino, we tried Griff's since we saw the recommendations for it. The very best thing about Griff's is the atmosphere. It's the only establishment on the docks at Port Orford, Oregon, and is flanked by a large number of fishing boats that have to be hauled from the water each winter and placed on dolly's on the dock to protect them from the heavy ocean swells. Griff's is a salty place with lot's of flotsam and jetsam decor, and the food is really pretty good. We did try the Cioppino, and again found it to be just ok. (Read my review for Florence, OR for the BEST Cioppino...thus far.)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Griffs is truly on the dock. You pull up and think, wow what a dive. It is sitting next to the boats. You walk in and think the same thing. Dive. Only 5 tables. But then the food comes and it is awesome. Best seafood and steak i have had in years. Too bad we discovered this little gem the night before we left. We will be going back on our next trip.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was not our first choice, but lots of places are closed in January and we had a satisfying dinner of cioppino and the squid had a very light breading and was sweet and not chewy. Cute little inviting room on the dock.