“Useually Great but not this time, what the heck?”

La Tapatia Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: La Tapatia Restaurant and Meat Deli is located in historic Phoenix in beautiful Southern Oregon. The restaurant opened in 1992 and has been family owned and operated ever since. What is La Tapatia? La Tapatia is an endearing name given to the women of Guadalajara, Mexico. La Tapatia Restaurant has taken great pride in creating fresh, authentic food in the spirit of celebrating unique flavors of the Guadalajara region. We have a relaxed and welcoming setting that our guests and loyal customers from near and far have enjoyed over the years. We invite you to stop by, bring your friends and family and of course...your appetite. Voted "Best of the Best" by Southern Oregon Magazine, and "Battle of the Beans" Winner three years in a row, La Tapatia has developed a reputation of excellence and is highly regarded by locals and visitors alike. We also offer take out and catering services. La Tapatia invites you to enjoy our daily menu in our home or yours. Mi casa es su casa...Bien Venidos!!
Reviewed May 3, 2013

OK don't get me wrong this place usually is AWSOME but on this visit not up to par.
They must have changed cooks because :Salsa was watery, Tortillas were raw and undercooked, meats were flat and under seasoned.. What the heck? This place usually is the best Authentic (not americanized) little taco place in this area. Its usually worth the trip there. Please fire the new cook.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I go for dollar tacos on monday nights. I love the variety of tacos and the taste is incredible! They recently added wine, YAY! I love the wait staff - they do a great job of getting dinner out quickly. I love this place!

1  Thank kjb45888
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It had been a while since last time I was here. The service is still as good as I remembered. And the food, specially the $1 tacos is the best taco in town. I observed a client complaining about her order and the the "supervisor" or looked like the most important person apologized for the order and made it right. They left with a smile on their face. You got to be there before 6 pm otherwise you will wait a bit longer. But still is well worth the wait. Did I mention that tacos are made with hand made tortillas? Go and check it out. You might enjoy it.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a classic "tiendita," and the food is delicious. A tiendita caters to the needs of Latin Americans far from home. The name "La Tapatia" refers to a female from Guadalajara, the capital city of the state of Jalisco, in Mexico. If you go all the way to the back of the store, you find the counter at which to order, and row after row of tables. Especially comfortable are the "equipales," chairs made of leather in a throne-like style that dates back prior to the arrival of Hernan Cortex.
The food is authentic, plentiful and very reasonably priced. Every time we visit Ashland for the plays, we also spend the ten minutes it takes to drive up to Phoenix, so we can savor the tastes of Jalisco. If you're open to new food experiences, or if you're someone who pines for real Mexican food, this is the place for you. Don't go if you are looking for the kind of Mexican food that is designed for U.S. consumers.
The chile rellenos are made with the pasilla pepper, not the meek Anaheim pepper. They are of course the real thing. It makes me hungry just to rmember theone I had there last week.On Saturday's and Sundays you can get a very full bowl of menudo. Last weekend it was rich and flavorful. The staff have always been sweet with us.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went back to try their new fajitas. They offer beef,chicken or shrimp. I tried the shrimp... there was at least ten nice sized shrimp along with the grilled yellow,green peppers and onions. Also got a second plate with rice, beans,salad with avocado and a big basket of hot corn tortillas. It's was sizzling hot when served...to hot to even eat. It was all delicious and cheap $9.99. Spouse got the chili relleno plate served with rice,beans and salad. It was also excellent and again a bargain at $7.99. They are offfering some more new specials so I guess I'll have to visit again soon to try them. Also now serving wine. The entire staff works hard and are always very friendly.
We went on Sun. for a early lunch. By the time we were served there was a long line of people waiting to order...WORD"S OUT.