“A great overnight stop”

Red Lion Hotel Pendleton
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed May 16, 2009

We have stayed here before, and have been impressed with the staff and service. Both times, we have arrived fairly late in the evening, but received good food and service in the lounge. The lounge itself is a bit outdated, but the rooms were clean and large. The bed was very comfortable. We requested a ground-floor room and were assigned one of the rooms reserved for people with pets, but it did not have any pet hair or strange smells. We didn't venture out of the hotel as it was just an overnight stop for us, but I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2008

We booked this a room at this hotel through Priceline. I would not recommend doing that. MY family and I travel very frequently and use priceline at least once a month to book rooms. Ususally we have no problem at all. If they give us a room with only one bed we ask them about it and they will give us another with two for free or at a very minor fee. At the Red Lion Pendleton, though, they told us that unless we payed a fee, one large enough that would have made it so there was no use in using Priceline to get a deal, we were stuck with the room with only one bed.

Aside from that, the room was decent. Very clean and well furnished, the bed was comfortable and the room had a balcony. Only serious gripe that we had was the size of the bathroom, very small, I've stayed in budget hotels with larger bathrooms. And of course, being a Red Lion there is no free breakfast, which adds to the trip cost. If you get a great deal with this property and are confident that it will not inconvenience you and/or your party I would book it, otherwise I may look for another hotel with better amenities.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Every time I am on my way on a long road trip to the midwest or wanting to get away for a weekend, this is one of my favorite properties. The pool is nice in the summertime and has a great view of the foothills. The beds are very decent for hotel beds. The rooms have balconies. Our room had a great view of the foothills. The lobby feels large and open with all the large windows. They sell fresh popcorn in the evening. There is a casino at the next exit, so the location is ideal. I really enjoy this property and I stay here at least once a year.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelgalpdx
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Travelling through Pendleton and had to overnight due to winter driving conditions. Called the Red Lion because I was travelling with a dog and knew they allowed pets. Rooms were updated about two years ago and are fine. The rooms for pet owners are on the ground floor at one end and open directly out onto a secluded area of the parking lot which is handy for unloading/loading the car. Rooms are quiet.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Called the Red Lion directly to book the presidential suite for the night of our wedding to relax before traveling for our honeymoon. The room was the size of 3 rooms put together (my guess), very clean, and room service was a nice touch for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2007

I booked this hotel based on other reviews here. My group had a great stay at the Red Lion, rooms were clean and comfortable. The lounge/restaurant had good food and drinks, games like pool and darts were available, which helped provide some fun, as the ride through the town did not inspire to venture into it for any reason. I highly recommend this hotel over the others I say based on this stay here. Staff was friendly. Health club is not something you would want to use, smells awful down in that small room. Pool and Jacuzzi has a nice view of the landscape.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2007

We have stayed at the Red Lion Pendleton in the past. We were very pleasantly surprised that the hotel had been recently updated. Beds were oh-so-comfortable for weary travelers. Guest rooms are unusually spacious and all have a deck area. The bathroom with sink and shower/tub combo was very clean and roomy. There is also a separate sink in the closet/dressing area which allows for families to get ready quickly for an early-morning departure. The pool was very clean and inviting. The hotel is pet friendly and has extensive grounds for walking the pooch. We visited in 100 degree heat and the air conditioning was a welcome ammenity. We did not eat on-site as we have found the cafe service to be slow in the past. We opted for a quick latte and scone at a well-known Seattle-based coffee house. My special requests have always been accommodated (such as a pool view, non-smoking room, pet friendly room, room close to pool and lobby). We will stay here again. I would like to hear if the cafe service has improved. (?)

Stayed: July 2007