“Blah.”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Walla Walla, Washington
“Blah.”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What can I say. The service was OK, not great but not terrible. The beds were nice, but the rooms were subpar. I rented literally the most expensive room and the WIFI would not work in the bedroom, only the living space. The TVs were upgraded, but still had the old cabinets which were literally falling apart. Would I stay here again? I suppose, but certainly not if there were better options.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Whenever we travel thru Pendleton we stay at the Red Lion. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We love going to the lounge for a bite to eat and a glass of wine. We highly recommend staying here if you ever get the chance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I choose to stay at this hotel based on past experience in Seattle and Yakima.

I checked in around 8:30pm. Staff was less than friendly so I tried to make small talk. I joked about having a nice room and she said sure.

I got to my room #372, it was clean and ready for guests. When I turned on the TV the left 20% of the screen didn't work. I left it on hoping when it warmed up the screen would function properly, sorry to say this never happened.

In the morning I went for walk around the hotel. My room had a terrific view of the parking lot, during my walk I noticed half the hotel has wonderful views into the valley and rolling hills. Upon check out I asked if the hotel was busy and she said they had filled about 51 rooms and had a total of about 180. I did advise her of the TV malfunction but got no response.

The price was right for a Red Lion but there are so many options at a lesser cost on the same exit. I was surprised that I was not put into a room with a better view to begin with. I was put in the building far away from the main building and was not even told about an option of purchasing a breakfast.

Overall this was not a good visit. Probably would not recommend this location to any travelers.
I would rate this stay about a 3.5 out of 10.

Roger Grant
rogeregrant@comcast.net

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that our staff did not provide you with friendly and welcoming service. I would like to apologize for the television in your room not working properly as well. Please be assured that these issue will be addressed with our staff.
We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these Pendleton hotels

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2014

stayed overnight last week and severely disappointed. Red Lion used to be at the top for accommodations and food but now it is barely acceptable. The Saturday night prime rib was a reheated slice of previously prepared meat - rather than medium rare, it was medium well, and tough. The Sunday brunch was about the caliber of what you can find at Holiday Inn for free. Never again stay at Red Lion, Pendleton, Oregon, and it puts the entire chain of hotels in question.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed April 28, 2014

As I walked in to the lobby I sensed there was something wrong.
There was not a living soul in sight.
I walked up to the reception desk. I was not welcomed.
I said hello I am checking in. I presented my Red Lion card and my credit card.
She said Ineed to present my photo.
I asked isn't my photo on the credit card adequate.
She said it could be a fake.
We are talking about a $55.00 room. Not a suite.
Her attitude was awful.
She was not properly dressed.
She looked like she just got out of bed.
I decided I would stay at another hotel more friendly.
She told me I could not do that. She had already charged my credit card.
I agreed to stay.
I asked for a room on the back side with a ramp for all of my computer equipment.
When I entered I was devastated.
The room is over 20 years old.
Antiquated TV.
Refrigerator that did not work.
No toiletries.
I was too tired to move.
The next morning I started to take a shower. There was no soap or shampoo.
Also no Kleenex and only 1/3 roll of toilet paper.
I did bring some soap, but when I looked in the shower. There was used soap in the soap and I looked closely and the shower had never been cleaned.
It is obvious that this is an old property.
With no professional competence.
This property should be dropped and given to Motel 6 or remodeled to todays standards.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn. Just down the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Pendleton
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Wireless Internet was terrible. Actual connection to wireless was stable, but bandwidth and latency were really bad.

Unfriendly staff.

Breakfast was just terrible. It was actually worse than Best Western and I did not think that possible.

Not enough parking near the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

2 Thank Erik P
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We use to love going here in the summer because of the lovely view of the valley and lazy days by the pool. We always had the same room and, even the hotel is a little dated, it was always clean and well maintained. This last time was a shocker!!! New owners and it was bad! dried ketchup on the entertainment center, so many dirty fingerprints around the doorknob, dust, spiderwebs, and the bathtub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Even lipstick on the coffee cups. With little to no help from the front desk, I called Red Lion Customer Care and they had someone come up and "re-clean" the room. I asked the gal to leave me the cleaner and rags and then re-cleaned it myself. Holy Cow!!! They need a surprise visit from the Health Department.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the shallow end of the pool are the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple