“PROPERTY RUN DOWN.”

Red Lion Hotel Pendleton
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed at Red Lions for many years.
Never a problem.
This property was rundown outside and inside.
Needs new paint outside.
Needs new carpeting inside.
My room was clean and comfortable.
The TV was old square box. Part of the picture was not shown..
They do not offer Oregon TV stations.
Everything was out of state.
The internet was terrible. My Skype calls kept getting dropped.
The check in clerk was not dressed properly.
She was dressed like a slob.

Room Tip: Lower level west wing is best for a traveler with lot's of luggage.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We pulled into Pendleton, Oregon late at night and found this Red Lion Hotel right off the freeway exit, at the top of a hill.
The room was spacious and clean with a chair and ottoman. The desk was the best we had ever had for business with two-tiers and a large work area. Our room looked out on a green area between buildings.
Breakfast was not included with the room. However, a $5 breakfast buffet was offered on site and included hash brown potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, etc, cereal, fruit,yogurt, hot drinks and juices. We ate much better here for $10 total than we did at McDonald's for $13. The dining area was very spacious and included huge picture windows that looked over a vast landscape of nature. It was wonderful to enjoy a relaxed breakfast in such a peaceful atmosphere.
Our room with king size bed was reasonably priced at $71 for a week night. We returned several days later on a Saturday night and found the price was higher. We had picked up a promotion card on our earlier stay and were able to get 20% of the price. I would have given this property 5 stars if the regular price had been better on the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The red lion in Pendleton was the perfect one night stop. Provided everything we needed in one great location. The staff was very helpful. Loved the view behind the hotel. The room was well suited for the family to include our dog. The breakfast could have been better managed by the staff on the day we visited. Overall I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Great place to take your pets
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

on the plus side as mentioned in other reviews good view from the back side of the hotel, and the room I stayed in had an updated TV. (another party i was traveling with had an old tube TV still which isn't condusive to watching football etc) Lounge was OK, very quiet (even with about 20-30 people in it)- could use some louder music or sound from one of the sporting events being shown on TV's. Staff was so-so, not unfriendly but...Everything seemed pretty outdated (had a little chuckle when looking at the workout room) expected a little more from a Red Lion (even in Pendleton) and for a lower price could have had a similar experience at other Pendleton motels

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MicahV
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing our guests excellent service. I apologize that the hotel was less than you expected in comparison to other local hotels. I would like to apologize for not being very welcoming or friendly.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We will be speaking with our staff about your experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good solid hotel experience, rooms, meals amenities all OK and superb views across the plain.Great place to break a drive, the staff all pleasant and helpful, and a good poolside to relax on.Breakfast and meals all fine, good bar facility also.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Red Lion as we were passing through Pendleton. Very disappointed with this hotel! Dirty, the bathroom floors were dirty with hairballs in the corners. Mildew in the tub surround & there were little bugs crawling out of the grout. Pretty disturbing. Breakfast staff was rude & it was an inconvenience for them to replenish the hot water. Not a pleasant stay & we are usually very happy with the Red Lion chain.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Krista L

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. I would like to apologize for your room not being properly cleaned prior to your arrival. We will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. I would also like to apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you by our staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The other reviews and the pics painted a happy expectation that was not met by reality. Unfortunately, the price was in line with my expectations, not the reality. I feel that I overpaid. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. That being said, this place is in need of some work. The exterior was rotting and the pool plaster coming off. The external key card readers were not working and I was forced to walk around the building in my swimsuit. The elevator would not work and the signage was only for the things they wanted you to find, not the things you needed to find. The front desk was not helpful and they claimed they could not email me my receipt.
Pendelton is on a route I will need to drive in the future. I will look elsewhere for my lodging.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing our guests excellent service. I apologize that the hotel was less than you expected in comparison to other local hotels. I would like to apologize for the condition of the exterior of the hotel as well.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We will be speaking with our front desk staff about your experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.