“Beautiful View, Wonderful Staff”

Red Lion Hotel Pendleton
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have stayed here many times, and have been pleased each time. This trip, however, stands out in my mind because of all the service we received. Not only did the housekeeper walking down the hall stop to help my elderly father use his key for the first time, but from the time we got there, until the time we left we were greeted, assisted and served by pleasant people clearly happy to be at work. Special requests were handled easily, with some people going out of their way to really help. I do travel often, both for business and personal, and this visit really helped me have a "vacation".

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2011

This hotel was really beautiful and had a balcony with a breathtaking view. The hotel staff was very friendly and pleasant. We chose this hotel because it had a restaurant in the hotel and after driving for 10 hours that day, we wanted to stay in a place where we could relax and have a meal. I was extremely disappointed with the rude bartender in the restaurant of the hotel. I work in a restaurant in a hotel in San Diego, so I know about the kind of customer service that you are supposed to get while being a guest. The bartender was an older blonde woman with glasses. I guess the restaurant wanted to close early because there were only a few people there. We asked for menues and she threw them down in front of us and told us that we had two minutes to order. She was not friendly at all and couldn't even crack a smile. When she spoke to us she sounded very rude and we felt very uncomfortable and unwelcome. I expect a lot more from this kind of hotel. Extremely disappointed in the customer service of the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Although almost next to the freeway, this place is very quiet. Our room was quite large and very clean, the beds were comfortable and everything worked as it should.

The restaurant was not open for dinner, so we didn't get to try it. Shari's just down the street is adequate fare, with somewhat slow service and artery-clogging deserts.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The Red Lion in Pendleton provided an easy access to any location in Pendleton that I needed to go, Also, as a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe. That was important to me.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed here on the way back from a trip for one night; it was our second or third time here and we enjoyed the stay. It's slightly east of town so there is no noise from town and very little traffic noise. Other than an issue with our room key that was quickly fixed, it was a nice end to our trip,. We ordered room service for dinner and it came when they said it would. Our room was a king bed standard room and had a fridge and microwave in it. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast the next morning; got the breakfast buffet for $4.95. The buffet wasn't anything special;. we both agreed we would have been better off paying more money for a real breakfast.
The pool was very nice as it overlooked the valley and wasn't insanely cold.
Overall, it was a nice stay and we'll probably stay there again on our next trip through Pendleton.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We were there during the 100th anniversary of Pendleton Round-Up. From the time you enter the lobby you are greeted with friendly folks wanting to make your stay very enjoyable. The rooms were clean, bed was incredibly comfy, the restaurant and staff could not be beat. They even decorated their lobby and had an amazing bronze sculpture artist with a show for all to enjoy

I would also add, that this Red Lion Hotel participates and supports their local community and was quite evident when we were there!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

This was the third Red Lion Inn in four days. Great places to stay. But I noticed when I entered my room trere were leaf material that was tracked in from the balcony sliding glass door that was unlocked and their was a bottle of water missing from the desk. When I took a shower I found a pair of ladies pajamas hanging on the back of the door. I placed them in the laundry bag and took them to the front desk and told the desk clerk about the missing water bottle, the leaves on the carpet, the door being unlocked and the pajamas on the back of the bath room door. there was no apoligy. Two days later I noticed a $2.00 charge on my credit card for the water. I called the hotel and spoke with the front desk manager, who said she would take care of it. Hasn't happened.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends