“Spoke too soon,”
Review of Elvis' Bar & Grill

Elvis' Bar & Grill
Ranked #44 of 79 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Spoke too soon,”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Back in June of this year I had a very good experience at Elvis' at the Airport. There was a guy named Frank that waited on us and did very good. Great customer service and even better food. So tonight we decided to go in tonight to eat and watch the Monday night Football. We were met by the owner herself and her daughter. Sooooo you can imagine my surprise when 15 minutes later we walked out in disgust. I asked her why she thought of the previous review??? she didn't care, didn't care about much of anything we had to say or wanted. Refused to allow us to hear the game on the tv right by our table. Other customers asked to hear it to. She said NO it is her policy to not listen to football. That combined with the general attitude she had was too much to deal with when we just wanted to relax and eat. Franks gone, so is the zest!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tizmyn

Newberg, Oregon
“First Time”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had dinner here on a Friday night and it was good. The only issue is the clam chowder. They seriously need to learn how to make clam chowder. You don't warm some milk up and put very little stuff in it. That was the only disappointment. The service was so, so because the waitress never came back to check on us. I think she needs more training. The atmosphere is cool and overall we had a good time.

• Visited November 2013
“A Fun Evening”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

20+ Years ago I proposed to my wife at this restaurant. Of course if it was not Elvis' at that time, but I have to say that the atmosphere is awesome. Takes you back to your childhood days. Friendly staff, and a cozy environment make you feel at home. The menu is somewhat limited, but what they have is a nice selection. A full service bar adds to the options for beverage service. We had the Jack Daniels Chicken and it was very good. Time from Order to table was not a problem. The view is alright, I enjoy watching the planes come in.......... Good place to take the family for an afternoon lunch or early dinner.

• Visited September 2013
“Hiding in Plain sight!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nestled on top of "Air Port Hill" in Pendleton Oregon is a little Bar and Grill called Elvis' (note the apostrophe after the s) You really need to know it's there as there is not much in the way of signage to steer you there. It's attached to the lobby area of the Pendleton Airport. It's been a handful of different restaurants in the last 30 years one of which I was the Manager/Chef at. But even with my tooting of my own horn I must admit that I was not disappointed when I took my wife out for dinner there the other night. Tuesday to be exact! We had a one of those Geez I wish we lived someplace that had a choice to eat at....too many poor fast foods and a couple "so-so" dinner establishments. My wife actually had mentioned to me to take her there previously but I have always made my stand that I am not paying for the poor service and inconsistent quality we see so often in our little town. So imagine my surprise when we got to Elvis" this last Tuesday evening and was met at the foyer by this guy named "Frank". Levis and a T-Shirt with a Jaegermeister logo on it. He was pleasant and very knowledgeable of the large selection of draft beers and Ales. I wasn't sure what to expect out of the kitchen though. He politely took our order and went to retrieve our drinks. A few other groups came in and he met them with the same confident yet jovial attitude.

Okay now for the reason i started this positive rant.... When Frank came out with our food I was needless to say very happy. It looked good, it didn't appear thrown together and was actually hot when it hit our table. I had a very large fine Reuben Sandwich and my wife and a chicken and pasta dish. her sides dished were hot and fresh and the meal was prepared in a fashion that even I could not complain about. So I say thank you Frank! And thank you Elvis" by the way the owners name really is Elvis. So if your in Pendleton Oregon and hungry go try out the little Bar and Grill on top of the hill at the Pendleton Airport. Tell them Jason with Trip Advisor sent you!

• Visited June 2013