“Could use a good spruce up”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pendleton
Wildhorse Resort & Casino
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We checked in and realized we had a handicap room. While we don't need one they had nothing else so we took it. The room was small. I was shocked that this was called a handicap room, it looked like a wheelchair would not be able to turn around in the room. The room also smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The bathroom was just plain odd. it had a sink but no where to put anything other than an industrial little metal shelf on the wall. I could not unpack my cosmetic bag but once again it was a handicap room. Was kinda shocked to see the full size tub instead of a wheelchair accessable shower.

Bed was not the greatest to sleep on

Room was clean but dated. Will stay here again. but will stay in the new tower rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiniMob
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. ADA compliant rooms seem to always be a challenge because some features may be helpful for some disabilities but less helpful for others (and even irritating to guest’s without disabilities). We offer both ADA rooms with tubs and roll-in tubs depending on the preference. We also strive to keep these rooms available until the end, so the last room to be sold may very well be an ADA room. I’m glad that you are looking at staying in our Tower rooms for your return trip. They are an exceptional value and completely smoke free, but they go fast – especially on weekends. Advance reservations are recommended.

There are newer reviews for Wildhorse Resort & Casino

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here on our return trip from the coast. Our tower room was as good or better than most in Las Vegas. We were very surprised at all the details put into designing the room. The views are amazing and please ask for a room on the highest floor to take advantage of this. All of the staff were friendly, courteous and professional. We did eat at the buffet and were disappointed with it. The lack of selection in the salad bar was the main drawback. Next time we will definitely stay here but will most likely go into town for the meals. We are not really into gambling but the rooms are a great price compared to others in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed the new hotel Tower. We work hard to offer a good room at a “great price” and with all the amenities of a full service resort – even the non-gambler will have plenty to do. I will also share your thoughts on the salad bar with our Food & Beverage Director.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

After reading a few reviews we were skeptical about staying here but the choices are far and few between on that stretch of road. First of all I didn't know it was a dry casino. That should be the first thing everyone should know. If you're use to playing and drinking it's a weird experience. Usually when we're at the casino I can play for hours into the morning while drinking and having fun, and I got bored pretty quick when you're just drinking soda on the floor. They have a bar but you can't take drinks onto the gaming floor.

I played craps for awhile, the dealers were all really nice, joking, and chatty. A couple that was new to the game came up, and they tried to help them and explain the game.

We played a few of the slots, and they had a good selection with fun games. It's interesting to me the people complaining the slots are "tight". It's gambling, the chances are, you're not going to win.

We ate at the buffet, it was fine. It wasn't extravagant, not comparable to a large Vegas style casino but I didn't expect it to be for what we paid. It was clean, basic, and good.

We stayed in the tower room. Our room was really nice. I didn't love the bedding, it was pretty stiff and they don't have comforters. It's just the sheet, fleece blanket, and top blanket. But the room itself was comfortable. The shower was big with a modern glass shower door. The tv was new and updated. They had good amenities like a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker that were all new and clean.

If you expect this casino to be like a large Vegas style you'll be disappointed. But for a small regional casino, they were really good. I would put them above a lot of the small town casinos, especially the cleanliness and how new their rooms were. When driving through I would stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are smoke free which is nice, but our friends room in the lower floors spelled a littl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

I appreciate your balanced and moderate review. Here at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, we strive to offer a consistently superior experience. A big part of that refinement is found in both strengthening those things that are working well and taking an honest look at those things that might be better.

Thanks again for such helpful feedback,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The new tower rooms are very nice, modern, comfortable rooms. The beds are very comfortable with lots of pillows and nice sheets. The room was very clean, yes it is new, but you can tell that the maids care and do a great job getting the room ready for each guest. They also did a great job maintaining the room during my 3 day stay. The workers that I had interactions with were all friendly and helpful. It is definitely the newest and nicest place to stay in Pendleton. They have a sports bar, buffet, fine dining and snack bar for food options. The casino has a good variety of slots and keeps some of the older popular games and gets the new ones as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AIsunandfun
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I’m so pleased by your favorable experience. We do have a beautiful new product in our new tower and we work hard to keep it presentable and in good working order. As important as the facility is, our employees are our most important resource. I find that most of our employees are genuinely happy to be of service and to continue to form those “friendly and helpful” guest interactions. We are fortunate indeed to have both the right facility and the right personnel to support it.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to the "NEW" resort casino and must say.... Rude staff. Tight slots with zero wins. Dropped 1100.00 in the casino playing slots and earned a 3.00 coupon off the over priced horrible buffet. "YIPPEE" Save your money and go to Reno or Vegas. Don't accept some little kids back yard excuse for a horrible casino and go play with the big boys. The room was dirty. Toe nails on the floor between the 2 beds as well as piles of hair. Does the casino own a vacuum? The highlight was the movie theater. 9.00 for a first run movie is right in line but the snack bar was extremely over priced..."even for movie theaters"

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Russ H
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

I sincerely regret your poor experience with us. I assure you that we work very hard at providing the full resort experience to our guests. What you have described is not typical of what you may expect from Wildhorse Resort & Casino and I am sorry.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have been to the buffet a few times and most recently decided to try out the seafood buffet. The buffet was actually pretty good, I was surprised. Previously I went there on a Sunday afternoon and was very unimpressed. There were lots of crab legs (two varieties that I forget since I don't eat crab but my husband and son were happy with it), good salmon, various fried fish and some other alternatives such as prime rib which is always good there. The desserts seemed better somehow than last time I was there even though I'm sure they were the same. I even tried a couple of the sugar free desserts by accident and was pleasently surprised that they didn't taste like chemical sugar. I am not a big buffet person but I'd say that dinner is ok here, lunch not so much. The casino itself seems kind of small but I'm not a big gambler. They have added a big movie theater and completely revamped the hotel adding about 8 floors but I have not been to those.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank curtaincrawler
wildhorserc, Community Relations at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your balanced review of Wildhorse Resort and Casino. I am happy that the Seafood Buffet surpassed your expectations. It is one of our most popular evenings in the buffet and we are constantly working at increasing it’s offerings.

If you haven’t yet had the chance, please come back and stay in the new hotel, check out the movie theater and perhaps even spend the day on the golf course. We are very excited about the amenities we were able to add in the last expansion and I think they too will surpass your expectations.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Pendleton for the rodeo (if you have never gone, it is AMAZING!!). If you choose to stay here, try your hardest to get into the new tower rooms. We were not so lucky (but thankful to have a room for the rodeo...) and ended up in the older, "courtyard" rooms. They are old and look and feel it. Worn carpet, furniture, beds, etc., etc. The good part was that we weren't in the rooms long enough to worry about it. HOWEVER, the casino is another story. Smoking is still allowed in most of the casino and the part that IS smoke-free, it is still filled with smoke from the other rooms. An eye-stinging experience and you WILL come out smelling like you smoked a pack of cigarettes.
If you get the chance, eat in the upscale restaurant. It was wonderful!
I would only return if I could get into the newer rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new tower section.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing Wildhorse Resort & Casino for your Round Up Rodeo accommodations. While over 2/3rds of our hotel property is only a year old, we do still maintain our original hotel as our “Courtyard” wing. This wing allows us to offer a lower price point for our more economically minded guests. We do have and maintain clearly marked smoke-free areas (the new 10 story hotel tower is 100% smoke free) and corridors as you had mentioned but I can also understand your point that smoke, once airborne, has a habit of traveling. Finally, I appreciate your kind words about our “wonderful” Plateau fine-dining restaurant and I will be sure to pass your observations along to our Executive Chef. I hope you can make it back from SC for next year’s Round Up festivities.

You are always welcome here,