“Nice little casino resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pendleton
Wildhorse Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
“Nice little casino resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is a nice casino resort. There's a theater and a daycare service for potty trained and older that is reasonably priced. The place is newly expanded so its nice and clean. Just wished their arcade was a bit bigger.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank chaif
wildhorserc, Community Relations at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you very much for submitting your review of our resort. Insight from our guests is always appreciated as we strive to serve your needs to the best of our ability. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here and were able to use some of our new family friendly amenities. I hope you and your children enjoyed all we have to offer.

Community Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

We drove 4 hours from Portland to have a new experience. First at check in our door lock did not work so lots of time for maintanence to figure out they could not fix it however we were finally able to get into room. The lock worked one time. The next day after breakfast, we again are locked out of room since the lock again does not work. Another trip and visit from maintanence and again they can't fix it so we request a change in rooms to a working lock one. Finally we can get on with our vacation.

The senior rate for the buffett is $15+ a person. The food was cold, and most dishes were empty. Not much too eat if you don;t eat shrimp which I am allergic to. Left hungry and could not find anyone behind the counters to bring out more food or eat teh existing food up. Better fare at the pub the next day.

So all in all, spent more that $700 for two days, room not so good, food not so good and we ended up with $20 worth of food coupons for our trouble. One night comp would have gone a long ways. Would not recomend for anyone and will not return. Too little for your money and service is non existing. And by the way, Cal, the manager, they would not let me meet with you or speak to you. Seems like everyone told me you were always in a meeting soon coming out. That never happened. Good advertising goes a long ways and bad goes further. Too bad as the casinos nearer to us provide better services. You could double your visitors by paying them better attention.

Room Tip: Avoid the courtyard rooms as not everything works in them and hot water is a premium.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank taina1950
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
I am sincerely sorry about the difficulties you reported with the door lock mechanism on your guest room. At the time it was thought that this had been corrected and the lock would proceed to function normally. I regret that you continued to experience problems the next day and needed to change rooms.

I also wanted to apologize that a member of management did not meet with you to address your concerns. I did see and respond to the email you sent after departure but I recognize that this was already too late to salvage your impression of your stay with us.

Finally, I want to thank you for providing the comments from your experience. Good or bad, your feedback helps to show us where we can improve and strengthen our offering.

Pullman, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

We gambled and ate the buffet, which sucked. The buffet hostess was rude and the food was all old and had been reheated, I do not believe it was fresh. There is not much of a food variety and the salad bar was the worst I have ever seen in a casino buffet without exception.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Motelguru_69
wildhorserc, Executive Chef at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
I am sorry that Traditions Buffet was not to your expectations. I can assure you that our food is cooked fresh. There are a few exceptions of food that we prepare in bulk in advance and are reheated so that we can keep up with our volume of food production but we take all precautions to make sure that this doesn’t have an effect on the quality. We try to change up the food selection often and have popular Prime Rib Night and Seafood Night weekly to appeal to our guest. Many of the other food items BBQ Ribs, Fried Chicken, and Steaks are customer favorites that to many people expect that we cannot change these items. Though we are limited a bit by space, our salad selection consisting of 5 composed or prepared salads and a build your own salad station with multiple dressing, dry toppings, fresh vegetables and even shrimp have been popular for some time. Sorry you feel our food isn’t good, we take all comments seriously and work hard to try to provide our guests with a first rate buffet experience. Hope in the future you would be willing to give us another try.

Best Regards,

Brian VonEggers
Executive Chef
Milton Freewater, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

First time I stayed in the new tower, my girlfriends and I met for a girls night, and as two were from Baker City, we decided to get a room. Much to our dismay when we woke up and went to get ready there was no hot water. They did finally get the problem fixed, but not until a few minutes before checkout. They did not offer a late checkout, or any apologies, just excuses. The lock on the room also did not work and I had to wait for someone to come fix it which was well over 2 hours. I did, however, give them the benefit of the doubt since it had just opened, so me and my husband decided to go stay the night on New Years Day. We made reservations well in advance. Check in time is 3 p.m. but when we went to check in at 3 (after having waited in line for over 20 minutes) the room was not ready, so we came back at 4 (waited in line agan for at least 20 minutes) just to find out no room was available still. We finally got to check in at 5 and when we went upstairs to our room, here was a group of housekeepers messing around, not getting rooms ready. We did complain about the late ckeck in and they said they were going to give us a $10 off coupon we could use to dine with, well that never happened. That was strike two, not sure if I am willing to spend the money to be dissappointed again. They need to take lessons from Vegas on hospitality and keeping guests happy!

Room Tip: The new tower rooms are beautiful, but if you chose to stay here, just hope you don't have to re...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
I am sincerely sorry for your experience. Clearly in these instances, we failed to deliver the standard of service that we strive for. We aim for service standards that are every bit as impressive as our deluxe new facility. Should you decide to give us another chance, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. For your next visit, please contact me directly. I would like to personally ensure that you have a better experience this time around.

Dayton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Just to get out of town for a weekend, we stayed here (and, yes, gambled) this weekend. I booked a regular king room in the tower, and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed with muted earth-tones. There is a large-screen television with a limited but good choice of cable and local stations, music on-demand and pay-per-view movies, as well as a very handy on-screen system for billing, checkout, wake-up calls, hotel information and room service. The bathroom went beyond my expectations for a standard room; the toilet is separate from the shower/sink area, the mirror has built-in fluorescent lighting, and the tiled, glass-enclosed shower is the size of a pantry.
There is a Keurig one-cup coffee maker and room service at a reasonable price from the resort's three restaurants-- everything from chicken fingers to Nutella crepes are available in-room. And the regular rooms have small, bistro-sized dining tables to eat at.
My only concern with the property is that desk staff are expected to not only check guests in, but answer the telephones and handle administration, and the hotel does not have an online reservation system. When we checked in, the phones were ringing off the hook, and all four desk staff had to deal with us and the callers. The woman helping us was apologetic, and very friendly, and I didn't really mind so much as feel bad for her. Having an online reservations system would help a great deal with this, as would dividing staff into more specialized roles. Another very minor complaint would be that room-service stops at 10:00 p.m., which seems very early for a casino.
Previous comments regarding the rudeness of the staff were not my experience, but I did see a number of needy/clueless guests at the desk. My guess would be that any "rude" staff would be a result of answering reservation calls, being asked where a specific slot machine is located thirty times, and dealing with requests for "less-shiny" pillows (real complaint I heard!). As for the complaints about losing money at the casino... If you're going to a casino for anything other than minor excitement and fun, you might have a problem. Casinos are not a sound investment strategy, folks.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank LawNerd
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your observations and suggestions. Our new hotel tower has created quite the stir and the reservationists have had a hard time keeping up with the demand. We will have reservation capability through our website in the near future and hopefully that will alleviate some of the pressure.

Thanks again,
washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I HAVE MORE FUN AT WILDHORSE THEN OTHER RESORTS
Have been going to this casino for many years now!
I live about a 100 miles from the casino and others are like 50 miles away but I like wildhorse the best.
no one has every buged me there and may not have won big have had lots of fun.

I will be going soon and hope I can win $ this time but if not I be back any how lol

see ya soon

Room Tip: give a tip not add a tip lol
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
wildhorserc, Community Relations at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you have FUN every time you come to Wildhorse Resort and Casino. That is exactly what we strive for with each and every guest that walks through our doors! If you are not already, be sure to sign up at Club Wild for a membership, it is free and easy, plus it is the best way to keep up to date on what is happening around the property! I certainly hope you will be back again soon and if there is ever anything we can do to enhance your trip, please let us know!

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nice little motel casino, easy to get to right off the freeway. There's a new section of rooms that are very nice, comfortable and quiet. Good variety of casino games, fun sports bar/restaurant with live music on the weekends. We haven't used them but there is a nice RV park and golf course right next to the motel. Makes for a great weekend getaway!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
wildhorserc, Community Relations at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our resort. I am thrilled that Wildhorse offered everything you were looking for during your stay. I hope you took a moment to sign up for Club Wild, it is a great way to receive resort information and offers. Next time you are here, you really should make a trip over to the golf course; the 18-hole championship course is like none other that you will find in the area!

Thank you again for your time and continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!