“Motel with a casino”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pendleton
Wildhorse Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Bristow, Virginia
“Motel with a casino”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was in Pendleton for the Round Up (their biggest event of the year). The Wildhorse is in the process of expanding and just opened up a new 10 floor tower. However, I stayed in their older "courtyard" rooms which were more like a motel 6 two story building. On the plus side the rooms were very clean and everything was in working order. But they "up" their price for the eventto $115 a night. The hallways are in need of a refurbishing. Also the end of the hall door to the outside was propped open one night so no security. The front desk staff was very helpful and the motel is attached to a casino which is very nice and recently enlarged. They say they have the loosest slot machines of the NW and I won twice on a basic 3 reel machine so I was happy. The other downside was there was only one place to get liquor at the casino in the Sports Bar which had HORRIBLE service (will write a separate review). They did provide complementary shuttle service to the downtown area to the events and they also have an RV park attached. But they are still working on the grounds and I woke both mornings to heavy duty construction equipment outside my door. The hotel is on the outskirts of town, I suppose on Indian land, so you would need a car to get to the downtown area or any local restaurants. The hotel was adequate for its purpose.

Room Tip: I would try the brand new tower next time.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank kes1639
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for your review. I believe that persons familiar with the Pendleton Round-Up would find the $115 rate quite reasonable. We know that we could charge (and receive) more, but we are committed to offering the great value our guests have come to expect from us. We always want to avoid even the appearance of gouging.

That heavy duty construction you mentioned in your review is all but finished and the next area to receive some refurbishing is indeed the Courtyard wing. I apologize that our construction interupted your stay. I hope the next time you are in the area, you will try out our Tower rooms, they are quite spectacular and I have a feeling you will be quite pleased.

Thank you again for your review and we looking forward to having you on property again soon!

Wildhorse Resort and Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Park City, UT
Reviewed September 20, 2011

While returning from taking my daughter to college in Washington, I literally stumbled upon this hotel. It was very late and I didn't have the time or desire to check tripadvisor like I usually do or I wouldn't have touched this place. But, after driving around Pendleton I was very underwhelmed with the hotels and the prices they were charging for a place to sleep for a couple hours so I decided to continue east and try this place.

First of all, the previous reviews are for the old place which is a dump. I stayed in the new high-rise hotel which is wonderful. It's only been open 2 weeks so everything is brand new and they have spared no expense on the furnishings. I stayed on the 8th floor and it was quiet and perfect - the only problem was that I slept too long and was late getting back on the road.

Forget all those other reviews - check this place out! It is true Vegas-style room and it was $89 for a huge room which is much less than they wanted at the Hampton and Best Western just 5 miles down the road. I'm ashamed to say I haven't written a review in many years but I'm writing this from my room because I was so impressed.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the old part - I'm surprised they even give you a choice!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank PCfam
Thanks for the great review. I like the way the new hotel tower rises out of the landscape, like a beacon to the weary traveler. While we do still offer Courtyard rooms for the more economy minded guest, I am so pleased that you recognized the significant value contained in our new Tower rooms. With 42 inch flat screen TVs, fridges, microwaves, Keurig single cup coffee makers, and alarm clock/CD players/digital music player docking stations in every tower room, there is a lot to like.

Traveleing the USA
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The RV park has level concrete sites with room to park your tow vehicle. They have a good sized grass strip between sites. The Wi-Fi was strong and fast.
The direction signs for the RV park are small and easy to miss. Thankfully, the golf course parking area has enough room to turn a 40 foot motor home.
We arrived at 11:30 AM and were told we couldn't check in until 1:00 PM. We went to the casino for lunch and to kill time. We returned at 1:00 PM to find a sign on the door: "WIll return at 1:20." The clerk did arrive at 1:20 and checked us in.
Nice RV park for a good price, but the customer service could use some improvement.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Navy_RV_Traveler
Thank you for these helpful comments about our RV Park. I, for one, feel that the size of the directional signage should be commensurate with the size of the vehicles it is meant to direct -accordingly these signs will soon be enlarged. I am particularly sorry about the ill timed lunch break and for the inconvenient delay it caused you. Thanks again for bringing these observations to my attention.