“This use to be a really fun place to go....not anymore :(”

Casino at Wildhorse Resort
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Pendleton
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively gaming complex, located on the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, features 500 real video slot machines plus Slots, Poker, Keno, Off Track Betting and Bingo.
Waitsburg, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“This use to be a really fun place to go....not anymore :(”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We live within an hours drive and use to enjoy going to Wildhorse for an evening out...dinner/gambling, but the last 1/2 dz or so times we have been there we have NOT had alot of enjoyment. So much so that we rarely go anymore.
It takes ALOT of spins to get a machine into the bonus then once you do you are lucky to get your bet money back. We use to be able to gamble there and win enough on the machines to want to play more. Lots of times we would stay the night and play more the next day.

The new ATM screens the put in are one of the most annoying things in the building. They never read your card then when the finally do it takes forever for the transaction to complete...I also DISLIKE the automatic receipt feature....I am more than happy to push a yes/no button if I want or do not want a receipt.

Now we are in search of somewhere else to play. Its really too bad as the hour drive was much more convient for us.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Jpann

Walla Walla, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Take your money to Toppenish or Spokane”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you are looking for an enjoyable gaming experience, STAY FAR AWAY. This is not the Wildhorse of days gone by.

Because I live near the casino (45 minutes), I go there often. I used to be able to go to the casino with $50. and play for hours on the slots. I'm not a "high roller", but minimum bet on most machines a person could get in the bonus features often and have enough small wins to continue playing.

After the expansion and new hotel tower, they have tightened the machines up so much that I can spend $200.00 on minimum bet in less time then it takes me to drive there without seeing a bonus feature.

But maybe you are lucky enough to get one of the rare bonuses....don't get too excited!!! IF and WHEN you finally get a bonus, more times than not you will watch all the spins go by without hitting any pay lines.

The casino will say that things have not changed. I challenged them to ask the regular customers to get feedback. They/we all say the same thing, it has become very very tight compared to a couple years ago.

If you do stop by, look at the faces of the people playing the games, no one is enjoying their experience.

In short, unless you come with a huge bankroll that you are willing to throw away, chances are you will not enjoy your time.

Take your money to Legends or Northern Quest.

4 Thank AllenK2012
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dogs in the Buffet”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

When we first got there and was on the casino floor we saw a woman dragging a dog around, thought that was strange as I did not think that this was something that was allowed. But that was nothing compared to the guy in the buffet with his dog on the bench next to him eating off of a plate. Wait staff were fully aware of this and did not a say a thing to him. What type of eating place allows someone to bring their dog in and do this? Couldn't not believe that this was allowed. Then we were back on the casino floor saw both owners and dogs getting to know each other, only a dump would allow this to happen. By the way I am a dog lover have 2 of them, but I know where and when to take them. Wish I had thought to take a picture.

2 Thank bigcitygal57
Hagerstown, MD
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“A Quick Visit”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stopped in the casino for a short visit awaiting the opening on the Tamastsklit Cultural Institute. It was morning and the place was almost empty. Not big gamblers we enjoyed our winnings: me 10 cents and my husband $1.30.

Visited September 2013
Roy, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Seahawks”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Husband and I are not gamblers, however for football Sunday decided to hit the sports bar at the casino to watch the Seahawks.
This was our first time there and had a great time. Our waitress was awesome, kept food in front of us and our glasses filled. Spent a total of 4 hours in the bar watching and eating. Great time, oh and the ventilation is good, we are not smokers and never were overwhelmed by cigarette smell. :)

Visited September 2013