“Wow! Never had this happen.”

Shari's Cafe & Pies
Ranked #38 of 79 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American
“Wow! Never had this happen.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After we were seated, we waited fifteen minutes and no one even came to take a drink order. We left, so I can't comment on the food.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jerrylt

Pendleton, Oregon
“The worst.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ate here on purpose, but I have to say, never again will we. When you first come in and wait to be seated, expect to be actually WAITING, and I'm not talking five measly minutes. It took three different waitresses to look at us before we were even sat. Once we did finally get seated, my husband ordered a blackberry sweet tea and I coffee. We over heard the waitress ask how to make the tea. Another waitress told her there were no fresh blackberries, so it was entirely TOO sweet and artificial. After receiving our drinks, the waitress decided we might need some silverware. You would think that being there were three of us, you would see that we need three sets of silverware, but only received two. After ordering, it took 20 minutes just to get a small bowl of soup. When our food did come, it came out in pieces, my husbands food arrived first, then the other persons, then my half sandwich with disgusting warm grapes, old watermelon slices, and a flimsy, shriveled up pickle!!! I simply ordered the Three Trio which included a small spinach salad. I was completely finished with both my soup and sandwich, 10 minutes after, when I got my inedible salad. The spinach was the least freshest thing I ordered; the leaves were wilted and dried, and the 'bacon' topped on this salad tasted like clumps of chewy dirt. I was in total disbelief that food actually comes served like that! Don't even bother trying to get the waitresses attentions, they fly past you with no eye contact before you can say anything. We saw our server only when she took our order and when she dropped it off. After that we never saw here again, not even to drop off our tickets or to get us any refills, so its advisable you ration out your beverage while dining at this establishment. I cant even tell you what their names are because none of them wear name badges or introduce themselves. The ginger/red head cashier was by far the worst. When my husband went to pay for our food, there was a mix up with splitting the tickets. When I informed my husband that there was a mix up, while he was standing next to the cash register, the cashier got huffy and acted like it was such an inconvenience to press a few more buttons to correct the mistake she made. As for calling it 'Shari's Cafe & Pies', I think this restaurant needs a reevaluation of what it actually has. Old burnt tasting coffee and minimal pie selection really isn't an entitlement of 'cafe and pies'. Don't waste your time here, go down to the next exit, 209, up Southgate, and get fast food or Denny's.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Kay M
Seattle
“Decent food, slow service”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate breakfast here after staying overnight nearby. The restaurant was nearly empty on a Saturday mid-morning. The service was competent but not attentive. After taking our order we never saw our waitress again and the other servers made sure to pass by quickly and keep their eyes diverted to avoid conversation. The food was very good. I put my credit card on table where it was studiously ignored - it would have been fine if someone would have simply said pay at the register. We would eat her again, just don't expect a lot of attention.

1 Thank GrnidgrlSeattle
United States
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We tried this Shari's once before and had an unpleasant experience. Because we were dog tired, we tried again. This time is was worse. The restaurant is dirty, the service is marginal, the noise from dishes being bused was the worst I've ever experienced,and the food was average at best. To top it off, my blackberry chicken salad was served with no blackberries. The manager said they had them in stock but couldn't explain why the waitress failed to include them.

1 Thank Dreamcatcher8
Syracuse, Utah
“Not if you're in a hurry”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate here because it's close enough to our hotel that we can walk over. It's okay. Denny's-like so you can get breakfast any time--generally a good thing for us. Also, you can get a beer or a glass of wine and there is free wifi. So we were not in a hurry. We didn't want to spend all our time just in our hotel room so having it take awhile was all right. But at some point, when you can't get your waiter's attention to get the bill and pay and get out of there, you get irritated. I'm afraid it got that way. Throughout the meal it was hard to get anyone's attention to get more water or anything else, but when it came time for the bill it was the worst. I won't say I would never go there again because the location is terrific. But it would not be my first choice. If I had time, I'd drive to McDonald's before I'd eat here again.