“Clean and cheap. Just what we expected.”
Review of Motel 6 Pendleton

Motel 6 Pendleton
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Room was clean, and comfortable. No frills, but that's to be expected. Pool looked nice, wish we had been able to use it. They have a motel 6 phone app advertised on a sign, and we asked the hotel clerk about it and she said she didn't know anything about it or how it worked.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Pendleton

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. The location of the motel is ideal: close to restaurants, gas stations, and other services; close to the freeway, but inside the rooms, it's quiet. The staff is friendly, helpful, courteous, and hospitable. The rooms are not large, but they are well laid-out: plenty of room to maneuver; relatively large bathroom.
No problems with parking; no problems with anything!
Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: My room faced away from the freeway, and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The room and bathroom were spotless but spartan. The staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable. No fitness center. The price was right. Tip: Turning up the thermostat will not do the job. You have to turn on the fan, too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fantumfighter
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am staying here with my dogs on a hunting trip.
Excellent customer service, rooms are clean, it is very quiet here and I am enjoying my stay.
I work in the hospitality business and I am pleasantly surprised. Thank you Motel6.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was looking for a place to crash for a few hours between Seattle and Boise. Pendleton is about halfway. I didn't want to stay in a nasty roadside motel but I didn't want to pay for the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express when I was planning on arriving at 1030 and being on the road again by 8 the next morning. I first discounted the Motel 6 but then noticed that the Pendleton location has the new modern rooms. They have hardwood floors, IKEA-type furniture and most importantly: No more hideous floral bedspread!
We found the hotel very easily, it is right off the freeway. I was a little surprised that with all the lodging nearby, there was only one restaurant in the immediate vicinity. There was only one agent working the front desk and a couple customers were in line before me. She was very efficient, got through the others quickly and before long I had my room key.
The room was fantastic. It really is exactly as depicted in the photos. It was a small, no-frills room but at least looked like it belonged in this century (unlike what you'd find at Travelodge or Super 8). The bed was comfortable and the AC was strong, and on this trip those two details were really all that mattered. I was frustrated the next morning they did not supply Shampoo, only soap. I should have expected such so I was more frustrated with myself for not thinking to pick up a travel-size bottle. They could make some extra revenue by selling these for a few bucks. Also I'm not a tall guy by any means but the shower head was at my shoulder level.

I travel often between Boise and Seattle and like to split it up with a hotel stay when I can. I'll stay here again, and would be happy to try another remodeled Motel 6 if circumstances allow.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Checked in at 3:00, two rooms traveling with my 80+ year old parents. My mother wanted a poolside room, the nice desk clerk said we could have poolside rooms but they wouldn't be ready until 4:00. She said we would be welcome to wait by the pool, ( it was 100 degrees.) Could use the bathroom off the lobby if needed, to change or use. I went back to use the restroom a bit later, when I opened the door to what I thought was the restroom I found a break room and the bathroom beyond. The Manager was sitting at the table doing paperwork, she looked up as I stood in the doorway and asked what I wanted. I apologized for the interruption and said I wanted to use the restroom. She said in a harsh tone, "it's not a public restroom, are you a guest?" I said, "yes", She repeated herself, saying again, " it's not a public restroom." I was dismissed. Well it's now 4:10 PM, no restroom, and they haven't even approached our assigned room for cleaning. I've never before experienced a hotel that denied guests the ability to use the bathroom. What ever happened to Tom Bodett's friendly, "we'll leave the light on for you." I guess he forgot to add, "just don't ask to use the bathroom."

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cpyles
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We rented two rooms in the summer. It was really hot and it was important to us to have an outdoor pool. The pool was nice and clean; the staff can't do anything about the weather, but even that was wonderful. Note on the staff: after we left, I realized that I'd left a tiny thing back in our room--I called and they immediately sent a hospitality member to check the room and then called me back with their findings. Then they sent the item to me at our home. That was terrific. Our rooms were clean and nice--the floors were hardwood or something like it and the whole place had a very modern feel to it. We had little fridges and microwaves--everything we could possibly need. To top it off, they were nice to our dog and there is a nice little restaurant, Shari's, next door. I have stayed in three or four places in Pendleton, and this is the one i will return to, without a doubt. Oh, by the way, the cost of the TWO rooms, and the dog was equal to or less than any of the others--with a better pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family