“Pie 'n Beer Day Epiphany”

The Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had a good experience at this pub. Stopped in Pendleton for a couple hours on a Utah to Oregon road trip. It was hot, I was tired and a beer sounded perfect. Enter Prodigal Son. Tables outside were inviting, but I opted for the a/c. I ordered the beer which was delicious with a hint of lemon. I was about to order fish and chips or something, when the waitress asked if I'd seen the specials. I had not. First thing on the list was blueberry crumble pie. I knew I could not eat lunch AND pie, so I opted for the pie. Good choice. Although it was enough for two, I ate every delectable bite and washed it down with the ale. Being from Utah, and it being July 24th (Pioneer Day), I was able to celebrate my own Pie 'n Beer Day in style. Walk the Riverwalk when you're finished. Pendleton is sweet.

1  Thank carlottawa1

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a great place to stop in for a beer. They brew their own, and the beers are very good. The atmosphere/decor is also great. The food presentation/plating is very inviting. Food taste was average, at best. It's bistro-type food that is WAAAAY overpriced for what you get. I'd drop by for a beer with friends anytime, but go elsewhere when it's time to eat.

1  Thank Zeppy123
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a sit yourself down restaurant which threw us off at first. However, once we found a table we settled in. The menu is great with a ton of choices. Get there early if you want any specials of the day and they must be great as they sold out far before we arrived. However, the house made chips were excellent and all of the sandwiches were wonderful as well. The atmosphere was very fun and felt like you were a part of the town. They also had dining tables outside if you preferred. Can take kids or have just adults. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here and loved it! You have to try the blue mountain cider!! Super cool pub and great service.

1  Thank kickstartmyheart7
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

On day 1 of our cross-country road trip, we stopped in Pendleton for a bite to eat and to stretch our legs. We ordered the Valcar's Revenge burger, with bacon, blue cheese, and caramelized onions. It was messy, but so incredibly good! Truly one of the best burgers we've ever had. And the onion rings were amazing. Perfect balance of batter and onions, light and not too greasy. An excellent meal for our first leg of the trip.

The interior is kitschy and casual, and the atmosphere is friendly and not too loud. The service was excellent.

1  Thank kristinRN