“Go for the fries!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is great for burgers and fries, but especially the hand-cut fries! Staff service is hit or miss. Some are excellent and friendly; others are kinda wishy washy and seem bored. I've never tried the beer but my husband seems to like it. They have a kids menu and a kids play area which is great for when we wanna just relax and eat in peace! If you're looking for a quiet meal this might not be the place for you; it gets pretty buzzy in there with all the people and music at times. We like it though!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped in Pendleton overnight on our way to Arizona. Picked The Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub because of the Tripadvisor reviews as well as my husband's thirst for brew pubs. We were not disappointed. My husband selected the Rueben sandwich, my choice was the cheese burger. Initially my cheeseburger was a little undercooked to my taste so it was sent back. A new cheeseburger was cooked and was awesome. To our surprise when the bill was provided we were not charged for the cheeseburger. This place definitely showed some class and we will definitely return on another trip. I should also mention that the pub has wonderful atmosphere and the staff were great.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Love the food, atmosphere and local wines! My favorite is the ceasar salad. I also love the sweet potato fries, scotch egg and that they always have daily specials.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to this restaurant after leaving another one that wanted $40 for a half-pound steak. I suppose it was no coincidence there were no other customers there.

FORTUNATELY for us, The Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub was just across the street and looked interesting from the outside. It was more interesting on the inside, where the staff was friendly and efficient (i.e., good and friendly service), the food was great, and the prices did not defy gravity (great value for the money). The beer was excellent too, and cold as a ...

Reviewed September 26, 2013

In Pendleton for just one night, we dropped in for a beer and a light dinner and were not disappointed. The atmosphere was inviting and casual, filled with families and couples of all ages. Service was excellent, warm and engaging. Food was good (we ate off the small plate menu) and beer was cold. What more can you ask when just passing through?