“Good but expensive”

Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A classic steakhouse located in the heart of downtown Pendleton. A Pendleton Tradition since 1959. Virgil's at Cimmiyottis is commited to blessing our guests and community through impeccable food and legendary service. We strive to ensure that our guests have the best experience each and every time they visit us. We use only the freshest, finest quality ingredients. Join us for a delicious meal and great atmosphere! FAMOUS FOR STEAKS!
Walla Walla, Washington
“Good but expensive”
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I ate here many times at the previous Cimmiyotti's, many times on my birthday. When we made the reservation we let them know it was for a birthday, but sadly, no acknowledgment was made.

The service was friendly though. Our water was filled often and we were checked on as well.

I'm not a fan of brussel sprouts (the side vegetable) and some in our party felt they were a bit on the tough or burned side. The meat options went over well including the appetizer of oysters, but the garlic mash was not to anyone's liking. The salads were good, but the clam chowder got mixed reviews.

Overall though, the price was the stickler. We actually had planned on Happy Hour food, but that menu was basically worthless and decided on dinner. But it was sooo pricey that this place is a once a year type dinner for our family.

• Visited August 2014

“Best steak ever.....”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I had the pleasure of dining at Virgil's of Cimmiyotti's this past Saturday evening. We called at last minute for reservations and they graciously made arrangements and our table was ready upon arrival, despite a apparently busy evening. I ordered the ribeye, which proved to be one of the best steaks I've eaten and cooked to perfection. The service was top-notched, and the owner gave us personal attention. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed their meals, and raved about the tastiness of their dinners. P.S. I sampled a bite of a crab cake, which was scrumptious and I will definitely give it a try on my next visit. Thank you, Jennifer and crew...... Cimmiyotti's is hands down the best steakhouse around.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank 21TMC21
Pendleton, Oregon
“Just can't get it right”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Third times a charm....NOT we will not return. Once again they failed to provide food that was worth the rice or time to wait for. Medium well steak was rare to med rare and veges were burned beyond edible. Other plate was a noodle and beef type plate that had a sauce on it that was just plain disgusting.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Tizmyn
Pendleton, Oregon
“Solid, if Unexciting, Evening”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I came here for our date night on Friday. As a former executive chef and front of the house couple we dine with a particularly critical eye.

Decor:
Dated but clean. As they are obviously going for that "old school" look, dated works in their favor. As I always do I checked out the restrooms as a health and safety check. Restrooms are easy to clean, kitchens are not, and they let you see the restrooms. These were clean and fresh smelling.

Service:
We waited a short while before being seated on the upper level. The ambience would probably have been nice, but the hostess sat a couple (us), obviously dressed up for an intimate dinner, next to a boisterous ten+ top of coworkers rather than at one of available tables in a less noisy section. Sometines there is no choice but to seat near a large group, but on this night there were many open tables all over tge place. Our server was polite, attentive and well spoken. She was knowledgeable about the menu and specials, and presented them well.

Food:
We started with the crab cake appetizer. It was tasty but still cool in the center.

I typically do not order steak at restaurant as I can cook a steak just as good, if not better, for a quarter of the price. With that in mind, I had the Clam Chowder and Jambalaya. The Clam Chowder was rich, cramy and smooth with just the right amount of potatoes, vegetables and clams. The Jambalaya was good but not great. While not bland, as such, the flavor was two dimensional and too heavy on the Thyme. Additionally shrimp that is not being used for presentation should have the tails removed otherwise the guest must paw through their food, and get their hands covered in sauce, to remove them.

My wife also tends to order thing she doesn't get at home. With three kids who hate mushroom,s that means she had the Steak Diane with a baked potato, the roasted brussel sprouts and a salad with a yogurt dressing. The salad was good but slightly heavy on the candied nuts. The steak was good but under cooked. Fortunately my wife ordered incorrectly so it turned out for the best. Other then that the steak was good and the sauce tasty. The potato was pretty standard but the roasted brussel sprouts were amazing.

For dessert we had the chocolate toffee creme brulee. I love creme brulee but my wife has always been indifferent. This was so awesome she is officially a convert. The custard was smooth and unseperated, the toffee chips were exquisite and the crust was browned to perfection.

Drink:
The wine list was decent and varied. We had a bottle of the '09 Helix Syrah from Reininger. We intended on ordering a bottle of wine but apart from exotics, there should be at least one selection from every varietal that can be ordered by the glass and Syrah, though good, is hardly exotic.

The evening was pleasant, the service excellent and dessert spectacular. Overall a very solid evening. I would recommend dining here.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Chef_John_C1
Belmont, California
“Wow”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We ate here last year, and on this years trip we returned and were not disappointed. Service could not be better, the decor is great, still the old west feel. This place looks like a beauty pageant as the staff has to be the most beautiful ladies in Pendleton, however as beautiful inside as out, they truly are very nice folks and treat you very well.

So now for the food, great taste, huge portions, reasonable prices. What more can you ask for. This is a do not miss place in Pendleton.

Visited July 2014