“Great Value! Amazing Steaks!”

Virgil's At Cimmiyotti's
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A classic steakhouse located in the heart of downtown Pendleton. A Pendleton Tradition since 1959. Virgil's at Cimmiyottis is commited to blessing our guests and community through impeccable food and legendary service. We strive to ensure that our guests have the best experience each and every time they visit us. We use only the freshest, finest quality ingredients. Join us for a delicious meal and great atmosphere! FAMOUS FOR STEAKS!
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Cimmiyotti's is one of my favorite places to enjoy a casually sophisticated dinner in Pendleton. I am a huge fan on the cozy dining room and bar area and order the Steak Diane nearly every time I'm there because it's so delicious. I like the little extras that are sprinkled into my visit such as having a small portion of vegetable crudités served alongside the bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I also appreciate other touches such as the fresh arrangement of roses and cribbage sets on each table. This is the only place I pay extra to have a salad before my meal because the garlic ranch dressing is insanely good. Don't miss Cimmiyotti's for dinner. It's been a consistently above average dining experience for me.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I drove up and down the abandoned streets of Pendleton looking for an open restaurant. Happily we came upon Cimminyotti's, an oddly spelled Italian restaurant but a warm and interestingly decorated place. The red flocked wallpaper was reminiscent of an old fashioned bordello, matched by red and black rugs. The waitress was very knowledgable and friendly, steering us toward the excellent layered portobello mushroom and the crab cakes. We took a piece of peppermint cheesecake to go and it was delicious ..this place was a wonderful find in a seemingly deserted little town.

1  Thank kathylena
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went a week before Christmas Eve and everything was fabulous! The waitress was very personable and happy. She started by offering (welcomed) opinions on drinks followed by the nightly special. One of the nightly specials (which the waitress and the bartender HIGHLY recommended) included shark with a very yumny fruit salsa, salad and sweet potato fries. I am not a huge "fish fan" but thought it was worth a try. I (sadly) admit that I started to fill up on the bread, pre- dinner veggies and drink. I didn't know if I would have much room for dinner. I had one bite of the shark and fell in love! The fruit salsa topper was an excellent addition to the shark. The sweet potato fries were one of the best that I have had... crispy and flavored on the outside soft melt in your mouth on the inside. I didn't want to stop eating it. I was very impressed.

1  Thank jemilybean
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We pass through Pendleton at least twice a year. We have been to Hamley's frequently, but the last time, paying $29 for a TINY (supposedly 8 oz, maybe it was when it was on the cow) sirloin, I was put off - to say the least. So, we tried Virgil's next trip and we were not disappointed. The quality of the food was very good. My wife had a steak medallions and a nice salad. The steak was a bit salty and the mushrooms were canned (who does that?). I had a steak (rib) that was pretty good - but not excellent, and a very good salad. Maybe the quality is not the equal of some better restaurants, but it was good value. The service was excellent. We were well looked after, but not annoyed during the meal. The interior is very cozy - tables and chairs were comfortable and the room feels like a nest of warmth (it was very cold outside the evening we were there). I once asked a sailboard racer in Hawaii where to get a good meal - he replied "San Francisco", the same might be true for Pendleton.

1  Thank wegetaround_42
Reviewed October 27, 2013

While driving through Pendleton, Oregon I asked around for a place that serves good halibut. A couple at Starbucks directed me to Virgil's at Cimmiyotti's. They explained that I may part behind the restaurant easily which is what I did. I walked into the back door and was greeted by two friendly employees who immediately found a place for me at a table near the bar. The young lady, I believe her name was Sarah, chatted with me a moment and I felt comfortable sitting there amongst many couples and groups. I told her I came specifically for the halibut and she lit up like a light bulb saying, "That's my favorite here! Wait until you taste it!" The halibut had a touch of coconut and a delicious sauce. I was very pleased with my meal, service and if in Oregon again will deliberately drive to Virgil's at Cimmiyotti's!!

2  Thank Angie T