“Best place West of the Mississippi”

Hamley Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Boise, Idaho
“Best place West of the Mississippi”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've raised & eaten beef for nearly 60 years. I've had steak in Australia (very good), Britain (never again), Asia (ooo-kay), and New Zealand (very good), and across the US. This place takes the top spot by far. The steak was tender, hot, and cooked to perfection. The salad tasted like it had just been picked, with a Roquefort dressing my Grandmother would have approved of (she made the BEST), and the atmosphere was impeccable. More expensive than I should have gone for, but, for a meal this great, I don't mind cutting back on something else for a while.
As the saying goes, if I could have just one more meal before I die, this is my choice, hands-down!

Freeland, Washington
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We just happened in this restaurant not knowing anything about it and were very pleasantly surprised. I had a steak which was so tasty and very juicy. They offered to substitute a Caesar salad for the potato which I appreciated and I was impressed by a very generous helping of delicious fresh green beans. My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich which was excellent...just the right amount of barbecue sauce and not too spicy. The fries were the best I've ever had and I usually don't like fries. I think these may have been baked. We'd go back again and I think we would ask for a tour around the interesting building.

Cochrane
“Great food, awesome service”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stopped in Pendleton on a road trip and decide to have a steak. We had been in Hamley's store earlier in the day (well worth the time to visit) and had seen the steak house. The restaurant decor is wonderful and includes a teller's counter and cage that was in a bank once robbed by Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The food was great and the service awesome - friendly and efficient. Everyone worked hard to make our visit enjoyable, and we had a great time.

Shoshone, Idaho
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was our second visit to Hamley's. We also ate here a year ago. Both times we were able to be seated, on a Saturday evening without a reservation, within 15 minutes of arrival. The food was excellent! The service was great! This is a beautiful establishment!

Hope, Canada
“Amazing place and good food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was recently in Pendleton for a 6 day golf trip. We found this place one night and were so impressed we went back a second time. We found the wait staff extremely friendly and quick. You really could believe this place is right out of the old west but it's only 7-8 years old. The food is plentiful and homey. We had the liver& onions, half rack of ribs and the pot roast and everyone raved about their food. We'll be back next year!

1 Thank Ron S