“Great whiskey, authentic looking old west interior, and yummy food.”

Hamley Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We rolled into this small town after 9pm on a Saturday night and everything was buttoned up tight. Luckily the desk clerk at our hotel was helpful because she called around and found Hamley's bar was open and we could get dinner off the happy hour menu. My husband devoured their delicious pulled pork sandwich. I had chicken strips and enjoyed them too but wished I had went with the pork. The fries were yummy too and nothing was greasy or heavy. The interior looks neat but it isn't original. The town has a community college and this bar seemed to be the spot for them to hang out. We're a little older and thought it was kind of funny. I'd stop when going through for sure. If we could have chosen from the whole menu I doubt we would have been disappointed in the food.

1  Thank water_lilies93

Reviewed June 18, 2013

It might have been just me, but I had the feeling it was more bar then restaurant. Wasn't impressed with the menu and the quality of the food. Sliced meat on a piece of toast drenched in gravy is not what I expected. Just avergage

3  Thank LarsH79
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were in town visiting our granddaughter and her family, and they suggested eating at Hamley's. We are from a town full of outstanding restaurants and live near San Francisco which also has amazing restaurant fare, but we were reassured that this would be a memorable meal, and it was. The prime rib was the best we have ever eaten - tender and full of flavor, just the right amount of seasoning. There were several other items on the menu as well, for those who do not eat beef. They also have an excellent wine list. The restaurant is very family friendly, with a great kid's menu. We had very good service - meals came promptly, and everything was hot. The decor is beautiful. What a gem, hidden away in the little town of Pendleton. If you are here for the rodeo, or any other reason, don't miss having a meal here.

1  Thank DavisSunflower
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The building is very remarkable, and worth it just to feed the eyes, and this is where we give it the "very good" rating. The food is "okay" but then we are spoiled. They could do much better on the food with effort. Staff are nearly okay, but hey, it's Pendleton, not NYC. The Hamley's store next door is also remarkable, albeit very pricey stuff. I think it's all worth it.

2  Thank thelion44
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Food was very good, service was slow, interior of restaurant is very pretty with gorgeous wood and tiffany/stain glass fixtures. Would go to again next time in Pendleton.