“Great food and drink at Hamley's”

Hamley Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Longview, Washington
“Great food and drink at Hamley's”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The outside does not justify the fantastic atmosphere inside. Food well prepared and staff very friendly.

Visited March 2013

BC
“great steak and a very skilled waiter”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were sent here to the "best steak in town" and it was. I am a very particular carnivore, and found my blue rare steak to be perfect. My husband had meatloaf (who orders meatloaf in a restaurant? he does..) and he really enjoyed it, with a mountain of mashed potatoes. He mused that buttermilk would be a good accompaniment, and the waiter brought some, although it was not on the menu. Good service indeed.
We will go back, and also want to explore Pendleton more, when there is time.

• Visited February 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
“anniversry dinner”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a really great place to eat. I had the prime rib and it was awesome. The food is really good and the service is great also. I love the stories they tell you about the bar and how they shipped it here and the bank window. The history there is fun to hear about and see. So if you want great food and great serve check this place out. You will not go away hungry.

Visited December 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Proud of Itself”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This may be the top end price point in Pendleton. It's part of Hamley's complex, which includes a Western Wear store and custom saddle shop that's an OLD establishment in Pendleton, bought by the outfit that runs it now fairly recently.
They did a good job on the interior -- lots of wood and artifacts, good ambience. They have regionally distilled whiskey under their own label. It's a wheat based bourbon -- a little sweeter than corn liquor. They'll give you a sample.
This is a meat oriented restaurant in beef country. They do beef well.
I agree that the service is attentive but a little slow -- go to enjoy a time with your meal friends.
Great bar, uses pieces of an old bank. It is a place where people meet to drink, socialize, and do business. There's a lot of business done in bars in Pendleton. (Just saying')
We liked it. (wife and I) It's a "big night out" sort of place in a pretty small place.

If anything, when evaluating this place, remember you're in a small town in Eastern Oregon. It's not entirely fair to apply large city, foodie center standards. Having said that, we (foodies) enjoyed our time there.

• Visited December 2012
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Fun and warm”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am unapologetically a meat eater. Hamley's was visually a wonderful restaurant. I love all the wood and stained glass, the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Our wait staff was attentive but even though the restauant was not busy there seemed to be a delay for most things. My meal was very good but I wouldn't say extraordinary especially considering the price. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back because it really was good but it's not a must do. I'd like to try a few other establishments in Pendleton as well.

Visited January 2013