“Proud of Itself”

Hamley Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #4 of 79 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Salem, Oregon
“Proud of Itself”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This may be the top end price point in Pendleton. It's part of Hamley's complex, which includes a Western Wear store and custom saddle shop that's an OLD establishment in Pendleton, bought by the outfit that runs it now fairly recently.
They did a good job on the interior -- lots of wood and artifacts, good ambience. They have regionally distilled whiskey under their own label. It's a wheat based bourbon -- a little sweeter than corn liquor. They'll give you a sample.
This is a meat oriented restaurant in beef country. They do beef well.
I agree that the service is attentive but a little slow -- go to enjoy a time with your meal friends.
Great bar, uses pieces of an old bank. It is a place where people meet to drink, socialize, and do business. There's a lot of business done in bars in Pendleton. (Just saying')
We liked it. (wife and I) It's a "big night out" sort of place in a pretty small place.

If anything, when evaluating this place, remember you're in a small town in Eastern Oregon. It's not entirely fair to apply large city, foodie center standards. Having said that, we (foodies) enjoyed our time there.

• Visited December 2012

Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Fun and warm”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am unapologetically a meat eater. Hamley's was visually a wonderful restaurant. I love all the wood and stained glass, the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Our wait staff was attentive but even though the restauant was not busy there seemed to be a delay for most things. My meal was very good but I wouldn't say extraordinary especially considering the price. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back because it really was good but it's not a must do. I'd like to try a few other establishments in Pendleton as well.

Walla Walla, Washington
“Average Pendleton restaurant.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Prime Rib was nothing special.
It looked good, but it was served cold.
The potato was also cold.
The wine was below average for this excellent wine region.

1 Thank elliott99362
Winnipeg
“Great food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited Hamley's on our return trip last year. Made sure we returned again this year again. We both went foe the ribs - delicious. And we'll have them again tonight from the doggy bag:-)

Sheridan
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I wanted to love this place again, but left a bit under-whelmed. The service was pleasant but overworked, so we had to wait longer than necessary for some things. When the entrees arrived, many (we were a large party) were cold. It was an unremarkable experience and I will probably skip it next year. Too bad, as it is beautiful.

1 Thank Travellerswithdogs