“Flatters to Decieve”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2011

If Hamley's Store in Pendleton signifies anything, it is class. It sells quality and upscale Western apparel and equipment and is most famous for its saddles. The word "class", much less the words "quality" and "upscale", cannot be applied to Hamley's SteakHouse. Despite the attractive decor and attentive service, the food was not much better than average. Those in our party who ate steak pronounced the meal good, but the signature sauteed mushrooms and Mom's meatloaf were poor. And it ain't cheap.

1  Thank JohnPGrant

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Our server was very attentive yet not constantly bugging us. We wanted and waited for nothing.
The prime rib I had was the best I've had in a couple of years. In fact, every meal that was served to my family last night was great - VERY rare.
Atmosphere was too cool.
It is on the spendy side, but worth it in my book.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Took 20 min to get menus. One hour later and hadn't even been served bread. We buttered our bread with forks as we had not received knives. One hour forty forty-five minutes later our food came. By this time our youngest child had fallen asleep at the table. My medium rare steak was cold in middle and my husbands medium rare steak was medium well. Our potatoes came with nothing-no butter, sour cream, etc. One of our worst dining experiences ever. Never again!!

1  Thank troutisbonkers
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This place bills itself as a "fine dining" Steakhouse. Far from the mark. The owners/managers may actually believe their hype, but it's nonsense. Fancy building and ridiculously high prices don't make "fine dining." The food is mediocre, the service is terrible, but the building is a winner. They advertise "prime" beef - as an experienced "meat" person, in my view, it was "choice" at best. I ordered Med-Rare, it was overcooked. Service was slow, mistaken, my bill was all wrong, the place is a joke when compared with a "real" fine-dining steakhouse. Don't bother. There are some pretty good places around Pendleton - look around and ask around for what might suit you.

2  Thank dajoregon
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Ate at Hamley's on January 14th and was sorely disappointed. The prices were high, the service terrible and the food mediocre. One bright point is that the building is nice and I liked the paintings in the men's restroom.

Been to Hamley Steakhouse & Saloon? Share your experiences!