“Fun & Informative” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tamastslikt Cultural Institute

Tamastslikt Cultural Institute
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Pendleton
More attraction details
Owner description: The institute chronicles tribal heritage and the impact of Western migration from the Native American perspective.
Walla Walla, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun & Informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had some time to kill and decided to do this. Had a blast. Will definitely go again.

Walla Walla, WA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“I'm your Huckleberries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

The Kinship Cafe is one of my favorite spots. The folks who operate it are always adjusting the menu and serving local favorites like salmon dishes. But what impresses me the most is their varieties of huckleberry items. Huckleberry danish with huckleberry icing, huckleberry slushies, huckleberry cobbler...you name it. The huckleberry ice cream is amazing.
On your next trip through Pendleton, take a moment and go past the Wildhorse Casino and find the Tamastslikt Cultural Institute and visit the cafe. Its usually only open from 11 AM to 2 or 3 PM so plan accordingly. You wont be disappointed.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Itswoots
Yakima, WA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I visited this place several years ago as a student and I was VERY surprised by the quality and depth of the exhibit. Worth the visit.

2 Thank krisloewen
Beaverton, Oregon
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Very Enlightening Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Husband and I visited the Cultural Institute on a Sat. afternoon. Was pretty empty, but that was nice as we had time to take in all the exhibits at our own pace. Lots of great documentation, history, photos, artifacts and wonderful displays. Our favorite was the story of the Coyote in the 'tee-pee" style theater. I think it was made to be enjoyed by children, but we loved it. Afterwards, while browsing the displays, hearing and reading stories, we left feeling very humbled and with an even stronger conviction to be kind people :)

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Tearei L
Tacoma, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This museum was very well done. It was extremely informative on the overview of the local native tribe’s history and culture. There was so much to see that I will have to come back to see what I missed. It showed what took place here from the native’s point of view. It was sad at times to see what had happened to the tribe but it is a story that must be told. I think that everyone should go there and see it.

Visited September 2011