“Good Road-Trip Stopping Spot”

Holiday Inn Express Pendleton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed here for one night (two rooms) on the road between Utah and Seattle. It was just about the right distance (a bit over halfway), and since our party included a baby, we really needed to get out of the car and have a relaxing night. The Holiday Inn Express provided that. We wanted comfortable, quiet rooms, and we got what we were looking for. Or at least almost. One of the rooms (mine, as it turned out) was next to some people who must have been watching a sports event on television. Once or twice they cheered and shouted very loudly, and the sound came through the wall like there was no barrier at all. Unpleasant. But fortunately we had not gone to bed yet, and other than that the night was peaceful And the bed! This was the big surprise. The bed was as comfortable as any hotel bed I have slept in in a long time. Other members of our party had the same view. So, to Holiday Inn I say--well done! Keep those beds! The breakfast was not exciting, but I'd trade a continental breakfast for a good bed any day. If we're passing through again and need a place to stay, this will be our choice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 14, 2009

Lovely clean rooms..shiny appliances. Has all the niceties..ie Iron, ironing board, hair dryer, microwave, refrigerator.. etc.
It has Internet access for the clients in the lobby.. nice clean and warm swimming pool
The breakfast from 6:30-9 in the am, was a great surprise, lots of variety, for a continental style breakfast. This gave us a great start to the day.

The Shari restaurant is just a short walk from the motel, and has a nice variety of foods with friendly and efficient service.. for the evening meal.

Two gasoline startions are in the same area, and also 3 other motels. Price wise, this was a deal,with 2 double bed in single rooom for under $90.00.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I stayed here for one night on a long road trip and was really impressed. I felt this was more than the average roadside motel. Very well lit and in a safe area, very friendly staff (I checked out before breakfast was out and they offered to make me some to take on the road!), quiet, comfortable beds-really wonderful. The only issue was that I found it pretty expensive for a hotel on the side of the interstate-I paid $120 for one room with a double bed. This included a pet fee for $10 each pet.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for one night along a long trip. Hotel was very clean and staff seemed very nice. Rooms were smaller in size and most certainly did have the Slamming door effect mentioned in other reviews. Very noisy from room to room from our experience staying in hotels, could hear the people next door and their kids without much of an effort. We are on a 8 night trip across USA and this hotel had by far the smallest of any room we stayed in for about the same money. Great that they excepted Pets but with a small fee.... Convenient off highway and easy parking for large vehicles and trailers. Over all a decent hotel for a night but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2008

This place is amazing from checking in which was hassle free, the cleanliness of the room, a heated pool, a manager who was actually round to HELP his staff (witnessed this walking in and out of the property a few times),waking up the morning and pushing back the curtains to the see the amazing scenery, The breakfast. 10/10 the only place to stay in Pendleton

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I'm always on the road and I would never reconsider my choices of stay when it comes to hotels in Pendleton,OR.This hotel has treated me like a king weather I'm by myself or traveling with my family. The kids really enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool considering it was a bone chilling 45 degrees outside. Us adults also got to relax in the hot tub which was a very nice touch to a weekend get away with the family.Breakfast is always delicious if you have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.We really enjoyed the world famous fresh cinnamon rolls that came with our complimentary breakfast. We hit the road with a full belly thanks to the wonderful staff that made sure we had enough to eat upon leaving the hotel. To all who enjoy warm cookies and a weekend get away or traveling on business,This is the stop you must make.Try it once and you will agree with me and my family.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Every time I come to Pendleton I stay here at The HIE and I always leave feeling appriciated. Pefect location,price,appearance and staff. I' ve just discovered the great taste of french toast and waffles are now available to choose from their already great breakfast. Oh yeah! new channels are also availiable which is great,over 40 plus channels to watch!

• Stayed: August 2008