“Outstanding Service”

Holiday Inn Express Pendleton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We use Holiday Inn Express for our one night stays when we are traveling because of their consistent reliability, but this particular facility surpassed our expectations. We arrived in Pendleton to visit our granddaughter and great-grandchildren, hot and tired from a long drive, but too early for regular check-in. Roni, at the front desk, whipped into action, worked with the maid service, and was able to get us into our room within 15 minutes, even though we were hours early. She rocks! We had a large room with a comfortable bed, a nice chair for reading, good lighting, a desk for paperwork, and free wi-fi. The family came over for a swim in the beautiful pool, and we relaxed later in the spa. There was a wide variety of food available for breakfast the next morning including hot eggs and sausage, along with the usual assortment of cereals, fruits and yogurts. The entire facility is kept immaculately clean, and neat as a pin. We will not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Roni L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our Team appreciates the opportunity to give our Guests outstanding service. We are proud of our property and are happy that you found us the place for you here in Pendleton. We are glad you had a pleasant stay while you were visiting away from home. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Pendleton

Reviewed May 29, 2013

we stayed in Pendleton Oregon for 1 night on our way to Yellowstone. this is the first time staying at this Holiday Inn and we found it very clean and Comfortable, the Continental breakfast was better than most and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Roni L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our Team appreciates your comments. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. We hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just one night at this hotel on our way home after 8 days in 2 other hotels. This Holiday Inn Express was very clean and comfortable (much nicer than some HIE's we have stayed in). Needing 2 rooms, one for our adult daughter and one for us, the check in gal gave us rooms with a connecting door which we did appreciate. The bathroom was very clean, as was the bedroom area. The beds clean and comfortable. We were on the first floor and heard no noise from the hallway or from the outside. The breakfast in the morning was nice and with more choices than a lot of other hotels we have stayed in. Shari's was just a short way across the road and tho not one of our favorites was adequate for a quick meal. Very close for a quick on and off the freeway. We will definitly stay here again if in the area.

1  Thank loanne55

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our Team appreciates your thoughts and comments. We are happy we were able to find you just the right 2 rooms so you could stay together. We are proud of our Express Start Breakfast and are glad you enjoyed it too. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in May 2013 while I was in the area on business. I was a single, female traveler so the great price on Expedia made me slightly leery, but the reviews seemed good. They were absolutely right!

It sits close off the exit on a bluff with a great view of the endless hills. It's at the end of a dead-end street, with a gas station, 3-4 other hotels, and a Shari's Restaurant (open 24 hours) within walking distance. It is not within reasonable walking distance of the downtown area but that was not a drawback for me, as it was only a 2 minute drive.

The outside is nice, parking lot is close and well-lighted at night. The lobby is inviting and clean.

The breakfast area is very nice, with several TVs to watch the morning news. The breakfast choices were many, including hot eggs, biscuits/gravy, ham, fresh pancakes (love the little pancake maker!), bagels and muffins, juice, milk, cereal.

I did not use the pool/hot tub area, but it was nice and bright. You could see it clearly from the lobby. The fitness room was small, but adequate.

My room was very comfortable and useful. The desk area was nice, the bathroom felt brand new, and my bed was very comfy. Pillows were a little smushy, but I'm not that picky. Lots of outlets, lots of lights, nice big window. I just have nothing to complain about.

The staff was great. I had a few questions over the course of my stay and Frank (night shift) and the blonde lady during the day were incredibly sweet and helpful. Even the cleaning staff I passed in the halls greeted me and smiled.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JennyM777
Roni L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our Team appreciates your comments. We are proud of our property and are happy you found us a warm, comfortable and safe place to stay while traveling so far from home.
We hope you come stay with us again for work or just make a trip out to the beautiful Pacific Northwest we would love to have you. We hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Not luxurious, but nice and comfortable. Staff were all friendly and helpful and the amenities are well above average. They also serve a nice breakfast buffet. Located right off of the interstate, it is pretty far removed from anything but other motels and gas stations which makes it impossible to stroll to the downtown area so is probably better for travelers than tourists. No loss really as downtown Pendleton doesn't offer much but rusticity. For somebody just passing through this place is hard to beat. Don't worry about getting a good night's sleep. The pillows are a cut above any I have seen in a motel. The only reason I give this place less than perfect marks is the lack of nearby restaurants (I don't count Shari's). Order sosme takeout pizza and let those pillows lull you to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Roni L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, our Team appreciates your feed back. We are glad you had a good night's sleep and were rested for your journey the next day. We are proud of our property and are happy you found us. We look forward to your next trip thru Pendleton and hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Holidayy Inn Express in Pendleton, Oregon is a most inviting hotel. This was just a stopover for me while driving a very long distance. I wish I could have stayed longer. The staff members are warm and welcoming. The beds are as comfortable as a bed can be. The rooms are large. The views of the mountains are magnificent. Included is a free, hot breakfast. I would recommend this hotel for anyone, whether just passing through or staying for a few days. I look forward to returning for a few days to explore this area.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain views.
1  Thank kawlala

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our Team appreciates your comments. We are happy you found us a pleasant stay and were able to get a room on the view side of the property. We look forward to your next trip through our area and hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I checked into the room on May 15th 2013 and noticed a wet dog smell. I assumed that maybe the carpets just got shampooed until I saw 2 different dogs outside. The next morning I was getting dressed and noticed a bug on the sheets I automatically thought it was a bed bug. I took a picture of it and left the room to check out. I went to the front desk handed the clerk my key card then showed him the picture and told him this was on the sheets. He looked at a piece of paper and told me he could move me to a different room. I told him no I was checking out. He just stood there like a deer in headlights. He apologized but did not offer to discount my room, offer me priority club points or offer to have the manager contact me. I stay in hotels all over the country for work and this is the first time I have encountered bugs. Very, very discounted with this holiday inn express!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for contacting us regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, OR. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue caused you.

Management has tried to contact you via email.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.