“Mostly nice...except for one bad front desk manager....”

Holiday Inn Express Pendleton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Allen, Texas
“Mostly nice...except for one bad front desk manager....”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Everything about this hotel was really nice. Beautiful new rooms, spacious parking, warm cookies at front desk, wonderful beds. It is a beautiful place!
Now for the horrible part. Only one associate on duty to handle the evening check in rush. I don't mind standing in line and waiting my turn, right? But after the guests checked in front of me, the phone rang and the desk manager decided the phone had a higher priority than the guest standing right in front of her. The caller had specific needs and the call went on, and on through the reservation part, I waited patiently. Then the caller kept the night manager on the phone for directions and after a few minutes of this, I handed the clerk my id and card and asked to be checked in. She rolled her eyes and with as much attitude as she could, "Can't you see I'm helping someone else!?" I told her, "Well, I've been waiting here much longer than that person on the phone, could you get their number and call them back?" I then asked for her name, she refused to give me even her first name. I asked for her bossed name, she replied she was her boss. I demanded her Manager's name and phone number she refused. She called the police on me even though I never raised my voice or used any sort of profanity. She called my job and told them I threatened her and was acting like a lunatic. Police came and wished me a pleasant evening. The Manager came, treated me wonderfully and checked me in. and now I'm relaxing but upset in a beautiful room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Roni L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We would like to apologize for the bad experience you had at our hotel. We would like to invite you back and give us another try. If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to contact me any time at the Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vancouver
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Room is spacious, clean, quiet, and good continental breakfast. There is ample free parking. Hotel is very close to Old Oregon Trail Hwy (I-84) and only few minutes away from Safeway and Walmart. Room has flat screen TV, microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge. Free wifi too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Roni L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I will be sure to share you comments with our team at our next meeting. I hope you were able to enjoy our view of the beautiful Blue Mts. Please share us with your friends and family. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way to Idaho. The staff was friendly and gave us directions to the wool store and places to eat. The room was clean and exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. We had a first floor room. It was pretty quiet. The pool looked nice although I didn't use it on this trip. The free breakfast was just fine too. It wasn't fancy, but it was just fine to hold me over until lunch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HIX_Pendleton, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Pendleton for two nights in a tour I made of northern Oregon. I didn't make a reservation and was glad the a suitable room was available. It is not a cheap hotel, but it gave me good value. I got a quiet room on the second floor. The room was spacious. The bed was comfortable and I got a good night sleep.
The hotel does not have a lot of restaurants nearby, but driving to the next exit of I-84 to the west you can get to a bunch of restaurants.
As I said, the hotel is quiet, not being directly on I-84, but even then, a room a bit farther from the highway is bound to be more quiet.

Breakfast was standard, but on the first day, the woman attending the breakfast area was cheerful and inspired good mood.

I had wired internet socket in the room (I have my own network cable) and service was fast enough for my needs.

Overall, a good place to stay at Pendleton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are all very glad that you choose to stay with us while on your tour of northern Oregon. We are pleased that you had a good nights sleep in our spacious rooms. We hope next time your in town you will our guest.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The property itself is newer, very HI Express in style. But the front desk staff were exceptionally friendly even though very busy, so we rated the motel higher than most chain experiences. Breakfast was pretty basic but adequate to start the day. This motel and the nearby Red Lion are good choices in Pendleton -- right off the highway, but up on a ridge with great views out over the Palouse countryside.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I will be sure to share you comments with our team at our next meeting. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Part of it was our fault for not making a reservation but when you are on a cross country road trip, you don't always know where you are going to end up! We got into the HIE in Pendleton late at night and they had just started a new Round Up promotion so the only room they had left was the handicapped room. We didn't think it would be that big a deal but it really was. The beds were fine but I couldn't sleep because every 20 minutes it sounded like there was a compressor going off on the wall near the bathroom. I know that it wasn't our air conditioner because that was a different sound entirely. The bathroom was a completely other matter - there was no tub/shower combo, nor was there even a shower with a door, it was just open room with a shower head on the back wall. We were so thankful to just have a room for the night but I would only try this place again if they had a regular room available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pendleton, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Hillary S,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied the conditions of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed September 14, 2012

After a harried journey to Pendleton for the Round-UP and a work assignment, I was unable to find a room. Though very busy herself, Rhiannon very promptly found me a room at a sister property. She was a very good example of outstanding customer service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are happy to hear your comments about Rhiannon I will be sure to share your review with her and our entire team here.