“Exemplary Service from Hotel Staff”

Oxford Suites Pendleton
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Woodland, WA
“Exemplary Service from Hotel Staff”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

When we arrived at our hotel at around 9:30 p.m., we were tired from a full day of work followed by a 4 hour car ride. At checkout we learned that we had inadvertently reserved our room through some type of reservation service rather than through the hotel itself. Our reservation was incorrect. Bobbi Ables was working the counter, and she went out of her way to help us get things all cleared up. She saw how overwhelmed and exhausted I was, and she worked hard not only to get our reservation fixed, but she even found us something to drink while we worked to clear up the problem. Her kindness and support throughout our stay made for a very special weekend. In the evenings the hotel treated us to a free drink and food at a complementary reception, and there was a free breakfast buffet in the mornings. Truly, it was the hotel staff that made this stay exceptional. Thank you to all!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 11, 2011

On January 1, 2011, our car broke down east of Pendleton and we limped into town, finally parking our vehicle in your parking lot. It was cold and we ventured inside to your lobby. The front desk manager at that hour in the late afternoon was fantastic.

While I creatively tried to figure-out how to get my family back to the coast on January 1 (when everything was closed), she welcomed us and did her best to make us feel comfortable. She even very graciously offered some beverages and snacks to my children. Fortunately, I rented a vehicle for my family to return home. I remained behind with my vehicle and spent the night at Oxford Suites. I had a very restful sleep in a very comfortable and spacious room.

Getting stranded on a national holiday is not fun. However, the front desk manager went beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome and less-stressed. I am thankful that she was working that holiday afternoon.

I would also like to commend the two young ladies who managed the restaurant. They were spirited, friendly and willing to help in any way. You have a great staff.
Thanks again to the front desk manager for her friendly and gracious service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2011

The Oxford Suites in Pendleton truly caters to the business clientel. On a recent stay I had a well-appointed room. It was clean and equipped with everything I needed. From the warm cookies at the desk to the munchies and wine during the reception hour, I felt like each member of the staff was there to serve just me! The check-in and overnight stay was only exceeded by the very friendly breakfast staff. No one gets out of the eating area without a smile on their face and a custom-made omlet in their tummy! I'll make every effort to stay there again. It's truly a location where affordable meets amazing!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Dear Mr. Jonathan Biehler:

I would like to take the time to say thank you to you and your staff for tremendous customer service over the weekend. A group of about 15 or 20 of us were there for a wedding and the customer service was top notch. I know that having a group of groomsman staying at your hotel could be a tough task, but your staff did a great job. I would like to thank everyone from the front desk staff to the maids that worked between Friday November 26th and Sunday November 28th. I would also like to give a special thanks to one of the ladies that served continental breakfast. I can’t remember her name; however I know she was from Odessa, Texas. She went above and beyond anything I had ever experienced. Again thank you. I will recommend your hotel to anyone traveling to Pendleton.

• Stayed November 2010
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I have stayed at the Oxford Suites in Pendleton, OR before. I usually stay at one of the larger chains when I travel for business. That chain does not have a hotel in Pendleton. So, awhile back I decided to take a chance on Oxford Suites. It was a gamble that paid off! Now, whenever I go to Pendleton I stay at OS. The room is always very clean with no worn fabrics, no damage to any furniture or fixtures. They include both a full breakfast and a light but complete dinner with the room. I always book ahead and on my recent visit they had a light on in my room when I checked in after dark. All of the employees have the "customer service" thing down very well, from the front desk to the restaurant. I have never had a bad experience with them. In a phrase, "no surprises" of the bad kind.

It's a great hotel and I suspect their hotels in other locations (which I have not had the opportunity to try) are equally excellent. I recommend Oxford Suites whole-heartedly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Having stayed in Pendleton many times in the last 8 plus years I have found the Oxford Suites to be the best value and the most consistent in service and quality. The staff has always been extremely helpful and the service is outstanding. Their hot breakfast and evening reception are always good and add to the overall value this hotel provides.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Denver
Reviewed September 30, 2010

While passing through Pendleton, we decided to try the Oxford Suites. Last year we were unimpressed with Holiday Inn Express in Pendleton and were hoping to find a better place near the interstate for 1 night. The interstate is literally next to the hotel so I made sure we were given a room on the parking lot side. We were given a dog room (they have 3) with vinyl wood floors. At first it seemed odd, but our dog settled in quickly which I interpreted as meaning that the floors had been thoroughly cleaned. The beds were comfortable, room quiet and the made to order breakfast good. The free WiFI worked well. The sink is in the room and a small corner contained the toilet and bathtub. The door to the toilet/tub automatically closes and you must turn on the light. to avoid the light during the night, we had to figure out how to prop the door open. This hotel is definitely not upscale, but certainly better than most chains (and Holiday Inn Express). There are not many options in Pendleton and because it's dog friendly ($20 fee), I would stay again if overnighting in this little town. We paid $115 (with tax) for a senior rate king suite (has a sofa) + dog fee. We ate downtown at Stetsons last year and were not disappointed the second time at this restaurant.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple