“Stayed Here Many Times”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parkdale
Vancouver, Canada
“Stayed Here Many Times”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have always enjoyed my stay, but I am extremely saddened by the loss of the all you can eat taco night. That was one of my favorite things about staying at Cooper Spur. The rooms are clean and warm. The hot tub is hot. The staff is friendly. The location is close enough to Mount Hoo

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Farewell Tacos, hello Crooked Tree Tavern! I am so sorry that the beloved taco feast is no longer offered here at Cooper Spur. With the installment of the Crooked Tree Tavern , our newest edition to Cooper Spur, and the valley’s newfangled watering hole, our specials have been tweaked and twerked to fuel the steady flow of everyday drive-byers, all mountain enthusiasts, adventures, and the wonderers. Although that promotion has surrendered, the Tavern presents intoxicating specials! From extended happy hour, watching the big game on the flat screen, ½ priced small plates, family-friendly, and super- sweet shot-skis, I would suffice to say that the change is humbling and worthwhile! I truly appreciate and value your continued admiration and support of Cooper Spur. It is wonderful to hear that we can still give you a memorable and cherished experienced, and while you were disappointed, please continue your enjoyment and let us awe you with our transformation! We will see you up here soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The resort is rustic and charming.
The snow has been almost absent this winter, so that was a huge disappointment. All local snow activity options (which were WHY we chose to stay here) were closed- but that's not something the resort is responsible for! :)
The room was adequate, nothing fancy. Older but nice and clean. Small fridge and coffeemaker. Wish they had in-room microwaves too, but they don't. They did, however, make one available in the passageway outside the hotel rooms.
The walls and ceiling are lined with wood. I like wood, but it was rather dark and oppressive to me. The plentiful lighting options helped somewhat.
There is very little counter space for personal 'stuff' in the bathroom.
The restaurant was nice. Although some of the paperwork we received on arrival said that the restaurant was closed, it wasn't and we had a very nice meal. Happy hour times are long and include the whole restaurant, not just the bar, so that families can enjoy the specials.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Colossal bummer to our Snow Gods for the lack of their wondrous creation! Although we cannot account for their actions, we are deeply sorry for the current status of our snow conditions and hope our accommodations and the surrounding beauty may suffice until conditions change. Though the Cooper Spur Ski Area and snow play is AWOL, in hopes to keep spirits high, we offer discounted lift tickets up to Mount Hood Meadows for both adults and juniors. The lodge building connecting 3 two-Story Lodge Condos on the top level, and 6 hotel-style lodge rooms on the lower level was built between 1980-1985; so yes, long-standing, but not forgotten. The wood-paneled walls, although seemingly outdated, are in hopes part of the rustic, charming, and historical impression to the ambiance of mountain-living. I am continually working with maintenance to update and improve our Lodge rooms to be sufficient in providing necessary liberties to our guests. I apologize for the lack of counter space in the restrooms and changes will certainly be implemented. I am elated to hear that our Happy Hour at The Crooked Tree Tavern could offer you and your family a great meal for a great price. It is so beneficial to not only have an Extended Happy Hour during your getaway, but also have it available in The Crooked Tree Grill, and for the whole family—no restrictions—no hassle. Moving into our winter season and high hopes of snow, the Grill and Tavern hours are shifting and I am so sorry for the confusion and frustration. I have made swift changes to clarify and finalize the appropriate information to the staff and on paper for guests upon check-in. I really appreciate and value your feedback and time you have taken to do so. It all helps to strengthen, ensure and deliver exceptional service and experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you up here soon!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 6, 2014

For such a tiny resort, this place manages to provide really good service to match its charming accommodations. This was our first stay at Cooper Spur, and we were disappointed there was no snow. But the staff led us to Meadows for kids' ski lessons, which was close and convenient, and we loved our charming and cozy cabin when off the slopes. They also went out of their way to accommodate all kinds of special requests, from changing the channel in the restaurant to show a football game, to mailing my child's blanket back to us after we accidentally left it behind. And this is a small operation -- the same guy served our dinner one night and delivered firewood to our room the next. Thanks for a relaxing and comfortable stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comforting and rewarding feedback. “Wear Many Hats” is a saying and skill our staff here at Cooper Spur appreciates and willingly undertakes. Our snow shoveling hats are sadly not worn yet; however snow dancing is in copious doses! With Cooper Spur being the closest resort to Mount Hood Meadows, it makes it extremely convenient to still get your bit of Winter Wonderland. There is nothing like being frigid outside to coming “home” to snuggle and nuzzle by the fireplace, drink hot cocoa, play janga with the kids, and fully engulf the harmonious and unforgettable experience with your loved ones. I completely understand how essential it is for your child to have his soothing companion. My 7 month old baby boy always needs his favorite blanky during nap time or else …so I am delighted to know that we could help reunite the pair. Not if, but WHEN this elusive snow appears, we can’t wait to share and enjoy this beautiful mountain with you again soon!
Hamlin Ny
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have gone to eat here a number of times and I cannot say enough about it. The steak is from a local farm and is some of the best that I have ever had. The service is usually pretty great, the last time we went it took about 15 minutes to find the waitress but hey, stuff happens. Absolutely love this place for dinner!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Yay!! That is so wonderful to hear that you continue to have a great experience with us here at the Crooked Tree Grill at Cooper Spur! We deeply appreciate and value your time to share feedback and admiration. Steak never tasted so good as the locally grown, alfalfa fed, and organic meats of Mt. Shadow Farms. They supply us with some of the tastiest and healthiest meats in the Pacific Northwest. The Executive Chef here at Cooper Spur, Joe Silliman, is devoted to creating and plating meals to enrich the palate and keep you coming back for more! I am so glad to hear he has done just that with you and your loved ones! Come back and check out The Crooked Tree Tavern, the newest addition to our resort and valley’s go-to watering hole for Happy Hour every Monday night from 4pm-8pm. Thanks again, Happy Holidays, and we will see you soon!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My friends and I got a groupon for a deluxe cabin. The cabin was beautiful inside and out. It even snowed just after we arrived. Couldn't have asked for more. We went to the restaurant the first night. Service was very slow. Considering there were 12 diners (we were 8 of them) it shouldn't have taken half an hour to get our food.

Everything else, housekeeping, the cabin, and the staff were friendly and professional. We already said we'd come again.

• Stayed November 2013
Ellisa F, Public Relations Manager at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2015
Thank you for your review. I have to concur that the cabins are so fun, beautiful and the scenery around us up here is spectacular. When is snows, it almost makes it magical!
I am glad that you are going to come back and visit us again soon, our restaurant and our Exec Chef are always building on our menu and trying new items in our Restaurant and Crooked Tree Tavern. They are always coming up with something new, sometimes crazy and also healthy and delicious.
Soap Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I traveled to the area to take our kids on the Polar Express in Hood River. Did not want to stay in town so we researched the area and settled on Cooper spur. Should have researched longer! We stayed in cabin #3. The resort is in a very pretty part of Mt. Hood and the resort is very nice however we experienced a comical series of frustrations! First of all..the cabin was cold. I located the thermostat and was shocked to find it was locked! It was set at 65 deg. so I located the baseboard heaters in the bedrooms and turned them up to take off the chill. We packed in our luggage and were locking up to head to hood river when an employee came to the door and removed half of the "complimentary wood" for the fireplace. As we were in a hurry to leave did not say anything, additional bundles of wood are 5.00. Upon our return the cabin was freezing! Even with the bedroom heat on high! Then proceeded to build a fire in the fireplace to assist with the heat...no luck..they have an open fireplace which are more for setting the mood than being a heat source! We headed to the hot tub which was very nice only to return to a cabin full of smoke and a ceiling fan that would not work.Called the desk and the only bright spot of the stay knocked on the door. Dont recall her name but she was very helpful resetting breakers, turning up the thermostat, etc. Even with the furnace set at 70...we were still getting only lukewarm air through the vents because they are apparently to cheap to allow the heat pump to function on emergency heat which should be used in below freezing temps! I found this out by using a stick to fish through the lockbox and turn up the heat to 80!! Now I understand being enviromentally responsible but for 289.00 a night I expect to be warm and smoke free! Oh ya..there is a warning that the cold mountain air can become heavy and the draft of the chimney will not work efficiently ( smoke out the cabin), however I would think you would have enough common sense to install an insert to allow the fire to be dampered down and force the smoke where it belongs! Anyways...would not recommend for the money these people are charging!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin P
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
The Polar Express is so great! I went with my family we really enjoyed our hot cocoas, eating cookies with Santa and dreams of reindeer, we had such a great time! Shamefully the same cannot be said about your stay with us. I would first like to thank you for your business and for your feedback. This feedback enables us look to at our operations and make changes to improve our guest service and customer satisfaction. I am so sorry that you had a less than satisfying experience leaving you and your family with distaste for Cooper Spur Mountain Resort. Coming into freezing levels here on Mt. Hood there should be without a doubt a warm, cozy, and comfortable place for you to come in and feel snug and at ease. A whopping 65 degrees is by no means going to satisfy that. I am speaking with our maintenance staff and have instructed them to make adjustments and resolve this issue immediately to ensure room temperature is at a comfortable level upon checking in. We strive to be environmentally sustainable and consider our guests’ comfort and satisfaction first and foremost. Though a fireplace can perform a variety of functions, it's most important function is to provide an efficient heat source. I recognize that this wasn't what you experienced and for that I apologize. The resort has installed two woodstoves in our Restaurant and Tavern and they have proven to be quite efficient. This is certainly an option we are currently exploring in all of our appropriate units as we work to insure this doesn't happen again. Please except my deepest apologies for falling short of our goals. We are working swiftly to come up with a viable solution to this problem. I am happy to hear that our hot tubs could provide you some relaxation and consolation to this issue. I would love the opportunity to discuss amends with you and will do anything in my power to ensure that your satisfaction is met.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We purchased this deal through Groupon and was totally shocked when we got there and actually saw what it looked like. Beautiful rooms that were very clean and decorated perfectly for a cabin feeling. We had a room with two queen beds, we shared it with another couple and had plenty of room for all to be comfortable. Cannot say enough about the food in the on-site bar.....get the fish & chips....the best I have ever had. Then there is the hot tub.....nothing like hanging out in that with snow coming down. I highly recommend and will be going back....next time hopefully to stay in a cabin!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KaedensPunky
I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer us a review. All of the rooms, condos and cabins on the property offer a warm homey feeling when you walk in them. The rooms are set up to insure that there is enough space for everyone to feel comfortable. Our staff here goes to great lengths to insure that it up holds our standard in cleanliness and customer satisfaction. The tavern on sites welcomes you to come in an enjoy a great meal and good conversation. All of the food that is made in the tavern is all locally bought from local growers.

It was a pleasure to have you and your friends stay with us here at Cooper Spur. We look forward to seeing you and your guests in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkdale
Timberline Lodge
Best Western Mt. Hood Inn
Best Western Mt. Hood Inn
#1 of 2 in Government Camp
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Cooper Spur Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!