“If you know BBQ, grab the spouse and head for the hills!”
Review of Apple Valley BBQ

Apple Valley BBQ
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Parkdale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Northwest Style BBQ. We smoke all our meats with local cherry wood. Opened in 2011.
Ridgefield, Washington
“If you know BBQ, grab the spouse and head for the hills!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place is on the fruit loop in the hills above Hood River. The town is tiny and the drive is very scenic. I love BBQ and have had it all over the country including Texas, Kansas City, Tennessee, Virginia, the Carolina's and every where in between. This place would be right up there with the best of them. But the one thing that would separate this place from all of them is their BBQ meatloaf, that's right meatloaf! It is a combination of pork and beef, then it is smoked for 6 hours, with cherry wood. It was one of the best meals I have ever had! I won't describe it any further, because it is making me salivate just thinking about it. Have the garlic mash with it and you will want to move to Parkdale, just to be near it. This place should be on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Oh, and don't tell anyone about this place, cause I don't want to crowded when I go back. Thanks!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank tim a

Blue River, Oregon
“Drink and Pint and Walk Across the Street for BBQ”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

That's just what my husband and I did. After a couple of pints, we walked across the road to get a great barbecue meal at Apple Valley. Fun, family friendly, and good food!

• Visited July 2014
Broadview Hts., Ohio
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

In walking distance from our B&B. Food was great. There was only one beer on tap but it was a local selection so that was good, not Bud or Miller.

Visited August 2013
South elgin
“Great ”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband had the pulled pork, ribs, cold cornbread salad and pear cole slaw. This BBQ is a little sweeter than we're used to, but we like variety and loved all of it. We sat outside and enjoyed every minute of it, right down to the root beer float and homemade peach pie. I would eat here again. The staff was super friendly and down-to-earth.

Hermiston,Or
“Great food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We went there on a Sat. night and no problem getting seated. I had Prime rib Dinner. I could not eat it all. It was cooked the way I like it, RAW. There was six of us for supper and we all were very happy with it. Some folks said it was a little high, But folks this is not a fast food place. Even so we did not have to wait over 10 minutes for our food. So if you are in the area and want a great meal ,Stop here and eat. I know we will be going back.

• Visited June 2014