“Great ski area”
Review of Mount Hood Meadows

Mount Hood Meadows
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Parkdale
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular ski resort area on Mount Hood with plenty of trails from beginner to expert.
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've skied in lots of places over the years, and this is a top-notch area. Not huge, but not small. We were there in the midst of a 30 inch 3 day dump with high winds and modest temperatures. Lift rides were a bit uncomfortable, but once off, drop below the ridge lines out of the wind and enjoy nice powder in open bowls or trees. Easy to get around, to and from the main lodge. Parking area is a bit small, so get there early on a busy weekend or holiday.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have been to this resort twice this year, and the general feeling that you get is they are not interested in your business. Nobody greets you or acts like they care. Some examples: 1) we had an issue while trying to get our prearranged group rate. The person helping us couldn't find the information and was clearly not interested in figuring the issue out. 2) My daughter asked another employee for directions to the bathroom from someone who would not even acknowledge that she was there. 3) There were 8 of us in a group, one of us bought food in the cafe and joined the other 7 of us in the dining area. The cafe food eater was told he had to leave the dining area. Apparently, they were concerned that things would just get out of hand if they let one of the eight bring in food from THEIR OWN cafe.
These are just a few examples of a resort that basically says they just aren't interested in your business.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I lived in Gresham, Oregon for a few years and was a season pass holder. I recently just visited this place and not much has changed. Yes Heather Canyon has some great terrain (find Jack's Woods my favorite run on the entire mountain always plenty of snow) but one thing that ultimately bothers me still exists here.. One thing is for sure here, if Hood gets dumped on with 2-3 feet of fresh don't think you can go out and get the goods that day. Ski patrol takes days and I mean days to do avalanche control. I understand this takes time, but you will rarely here avalanche charges being detonated. This is and continues to be extremely frustrating. They need to send their ski patrolers to Utah or Wyoming for training...

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I go up to ski on Mount Hood every season when I can. This is the place I always go to. The skiing is phenomenal! Beginners have awesome slopes to try and even the hardiest skiiers have some bowls they can play in.

1  Thank Wenona F
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have skied @ Meadows since it opened in the 60's. They have excellent packages for beginners as well as double diamond terrain for the experts. Now, with their latest quad lift, the lines are short & you can get a lot of runs in for the buck!