“Summer Lake Hot Springs Bliss”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paisley
Summer Lake Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paisley
Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you enjoy great expanses of sky, warm soothing mineral springs, and quietude of nature, you will enjoy staying in the Oregon outback. My husband and I have stayed here a few times-two times renting houses on the property and this last time in our VW camper. We remain in awe of the landscape (Summer Lake is an alkaline lake located in the Great Basin region of the US) and find that soaking in the outdoor pools can renew and refresh. Two years ago when we visited, we were steered to Paisley Caves where a gentleman from U of O (University of Oregon) toured us around the dig in the caves where we learned about coprolites (dried feces) and spearheads of ancient people. The archaeologists from U of O are gone but the caves remain and are worth a visit.
Duane, owner of Summer Lake Hot Springs Resort, is helpful and easy going.

Room Tip: If I were to stay in a room again, I would choose one of the smaller newer rooms. All rooms have inc...
Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tzeeper

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I reviewed this facility last year but this is a follow up based on our recent visit. We brought our travel trailer this time instead of renting a cabin. All the complaints related to the cabins suddenly evaporate when you bring your own home. The responsibility for enjoying your visit is on you. A couple of quick notes: the bugs are almost non-existent in May. Weather is generally a little colder but I'll trade the bugs for that anytime. Duane the owner is building more cabins and reducing the number of full-hookup RV sites. It is a business move to reduce the number of cancellations due to travel conditions. There will still be ample space for self-contained RVs.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank kolekona
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I spent a recent off-season weekend down at the Summer Lake Hot Springs and were for the most part very pleased with our visit.

We stayed in the smallest cabin, and were aware of the lack of shower and other amenities. The larger cabins have bathrooms, so if that's important to you, consider splurging. Honestly, I think the best course of action would be to camp out or get your old VW bus out of mothballs. Even though it was below freezing at night, the room stayed very warm - I wish the ceiling fan worked, however.

The views are nothing short of amazing. All of Winter Ridge and Summer Lake are visible from the hot springs, making for incredible evening viewing on an clear evening.

Now, to be honest, the bathhouse, while very enjoyable, could definitely use a little sprucing up, especially the dressing rooms. There's a lot of cobwebs and other detritus that can make the building feel like pigeons have been living there for fifty years, and I'd love to see the owners put a little elbow grease into applying some renovations here.

Other than that, though, we were very pleased with our visit and will likely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DMeddish
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed there last year. I was there for 2 nights, my room was clean, my bed was comfortable the sheets were clean, and more important I felt safe there. I got it for what I beleive was a AWESOME price about two weeks before I went. The owner was very nice and helpful and we played email tag for about 3 days before I called and made my reservation. I traveled alone, and I will say if I ever travel that way again I place on staying there again. My one thing was I was not able to get internet in my room. I love this place, looking forward to come back

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited here for first time on a recommendation of friends who had raved about it... Was definatley expecting the remotness but was overwhelmingly surprised at the tranquility and vibe of it here!I found the people who worked here were very accomadating, we were checked in by a friendly lady and her little adorable black dog, she explained all there was to know about our cabins and the hot springs we never felt like we werent being helped. Our cabin was cozy and had all the comforts we needed for this getaway! LOVED the comforters as it got chilly at night!! We were told by friendsand the staff here to sit in outdoor pools at night for an amazing show of stars!!! UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!! I cant beleive I havent seen the night sky in its full glory in so long I counted at least 7 falling stars and the milkyway was extraordinary! Daytime sky was breathtaking too!!! We are definatley taking our friends out to dinner as a thank you for recommending this amazing oasis!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marissa S
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here on my way back from BRC to soak off the dust and had a very pleasant stay. Stayed in The Aspen (I think that was the name) cottage. The cottage was clean with a nice little kitchen and a comfortable bed. Be aware that the there are no showers or baths in the cottages, you have to use the showers in the bathhouses. It is a rustic experience. They were serving food, beer and wine, and I had a very tasty vegan wrap and a microbrew. Not sure if the food is a regular thing or just for the post burn rush. It was clothing optional at the soaking pool. View is spectaculare. My only complaint was that I'm a bit germ phobic and it seemed like not everyone was showering before getting in the soaking pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leon T
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Generally speaking, most of the Oregon hot springs that you may chose to visit are very rustic. Places like Summer Lake and Ritter, for instance, have very rich histories with facilities that reflect a different era and clientele. Our first time visit to Summer Lake this year was very much like many of those described here by others: flies; old furniture; doors that don't lock; biting insects; no bathing facilities in the cabin; etc. However, the bottom line is that you go to places like this for the water. The inconveniences are things that you adjust to. I have to agree that the cabins are probably over priced for what you get, but if you multiply the per-person daily price to dip in the hot springs times the number of people in your party and subtract that from the cabin cost it becomes a little more acceptable. The folks we traveled with had an RV so they avoided most of these potential disappointments. That may be the best way to visit Oregon's hot springs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kolekona

Been to Summer Lake Hot Springs? Share your experiences!