“Doesn't get any better for bakery or breakfast!”

The Grateful Bread Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I stopped at the Grateful Bread on our way up to fish the Nestucca River. We each picked up fresh-baked scones and coffee - what a treat! The next day we ate breakfast. The restaurant was busy because it was Mother's Day, but the staff cheerfully put us on a list and we were seated within a half our on the enclosed deck, with a view of the river. My omelet was delicious - bay shrimp, spinach and feta cheese. My husband ordered the "basic" scrambled eggs, biscuits and roasted red potatoes. The owner even brought out his second biscuit straight from the oven, because there weren't enough ready when we ordered. Now that's service@

Reviewed April 21, 2011

The food was really good. However, I am not sure I would go back. It's one of the few breakfast places in PC. But we waited about 45+ minutes.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Perfect place to take the family for breakfast. The gingerbread pancakes will sustain you all day.
Friendly service.

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Great chocolate chunk cookies. Our dog even liked the biscuit we got for her there.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

We loved our trip to Pacific City. The Grateful Bread made breakfast a treat. We had the biggest and most delicious blueberry pancakes. The blackberry compote served with the gingerbread pancakes was also delicious. My only complaint is that you can only get your eggs scrambled. I would like to have a choice of egg preparation. Since they are all scrambled, it makes me think of egg beaters or some watered down, reconstituted egg product. Hence, I ordered pancakes. We also had good service, even though the place was packed!

We also bought some peanut butter cookies to go and they were delicious. If we return again, we will definitely go back for more.