“Okay for the price”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pacific City
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Okay for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed here for a night over Memorial Day weekend. We were happy to find a place that would take us and our kids and dog for just one night. It was okay - the lady at the front desk was very friendly and having the room with the hot shower sure beats camping in the rain. But the room clearly needs updating - shabby around the edges - and the back opens up onto a slough (although there is a small greenspace for your dog to pee!). It was clean though, which must be tough when guests bring dogs. The location near Cape Kiwanda is great. I wouldn't necessarily go back...but the front desk had videos for $2 and snuggling into a dry bed with your two kids is definitely better than suffering a wet sleeping bag in a droopy tent...!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jabula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wa State Resident
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

We stumbled upon the Pacific City Inn while making our way down the Oregon Coast. Bear in mind that this hotel is clearly dated to the 60s with the kitchen appliances but was reasonably priced for 3 queen beds, kitchenette, and shower.
We were quite happy with the service that we received from the manager. The heat wasn't working when we got to our room, and he immediately came and explained that the heater had simply reset and that it would be working now. He also provided wonderful directions to the beach, a list of the restaurants nearby, and a menu to the bar attached to the hotel.
The beds were firm, yet comfortable. The other guests were quiet so we couldn't tell how much the sound would travel between rooms. Even with the hotel being dated, it was very clean and orderly, as were the kitchen appliances.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

We reserved rooms for out of town wedding guests. Owner didn't give us a price break, didn't give us a written price list for the rooms (we had to pick up a brochure on our own), didn't give us copies of anything we signed. We failed to call them to check to see how many rooms had been reserved by guests and they never once contacted us about anything, so they ended up charging us for all of the unused rooms. First we heard of this was from a guest of our who had stayed there. She knew about it because the hotel owner discussed his "concern" with her about the fact he hadn't heard from us. After the honeymoom, we called them to discuss the charges, why they hadn't contacted us (the other hotel we reserved guest rooms at did contact us), why they had discussed our business with a guest and we were told a staff member would call us back in a few days. That was in November 2009. It's now March 2010 and they still haven't called us back. We didn't stay there, so I can't say anything about the rooms, I can only say that I don't recommend reserving rooms for wedding guests and that the owners have never apologized for talking about our business or even acknowledged it was wrong to talk about our business with a guest.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank ordovican

Travelers are raving about these Pacific City hotels

Milton-Freewater, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

Originally I was planning on spending the remaining four nights in Lincoln City, OR. However, that wasn't going to be possible due to about three festivals this last weekend. On a random flip of a coin, I telephoned Pacific City Inn. The desk clerk, Jeremy, was real nice and helpful. This was a perfect clue right away. Due to yet another festival happening, I was able to get the last room! Anyhow, back to Pacific City Inn. A day prior to checking in I drove up to Pacific City from Lincoln City to sort of get a general feel for the property. The guy at the desk that morning, Jeffrey, was extremely helpful and explained "zero tolerance for noise of any kind" during quiet hours. He explained this after I explained to him that I was distressed over three or four Harleys pulling into the parking lot of my motel in Lincoln City around 11 or so at night and revving their engines full boar before shutting them off. I thanked him for this policy. He then verified that I was scheduled to check in at three or so the following day. The next day I even notified the property to inform Jeff that I would be checking in possibly a little late, due to the fact that I planned on vigorously riding my bicycle that day. Again, no problems. As soon as I checked in around 5 or so, all smiles and I felt as if I were treated with respect. Upon entering my room, I noticed there wasn't a floor fan. I went back down to the office. Again, all smiles and "sure, there is a fan here you can borrow." I then told her that I was a bicycle rider. She asked, "Would you like to store your bike in the shed we have?" I said, "No, I'll just keep it in my car." She even went out of her way to offer me an additional blanket, as I provided that I use a couple of blankets and an old coat of mine to sort of hide it. I kindly took her up on the offer. Now, on to my room. It was very well decorated and my bed was comfortable. The pillows were actual pillows with actual decorated pillow cases. The bedspread is what I would find in a home! It wasn't the typical ugly yellow that is found in most motels. The pillows weren't actual motel pillows, you get the picture, the virtually small-sized pillows. Most of the time, I bring my own pillow for this reason. Now, on to the bathroom. Again, I found it very homey. There was even a deodorizer can in the bathroom. The bar of soap provided was actual size of soap at home, or pretty close. The towels and washcloths were very soft. Also, the wireless internet worked real fast. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I didn't understand the negative review I read on this property.

• Liked — Location being right in the heart of town, quiet location.
  • Disliked — Not having a direct ocean view, and the parking could be slightly improved.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Haven, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

Stained pillowcases at $100 per night...'nuf said.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank NewHavenTraveller
Gearhart, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2007

It's called the Delicate Palate Bistro. We just stumbled upon it after vacationing in PC for 35 years. It's not only the best place to eat in Pacific City, it is one of the best anywhere on the coast. A classically trained (obviously, from the product) chef and wine steward couple own and run the place, to great results.

Small, intimate room located at the Pacific City Inn, not really with a view of anything but the food and service are certainly worth the price of admission. Highlights for us were the Seafood Saffron Risotto, Coconut Prawn appetizer, Fantastic Ahi appetizers and out-of-this-world desserts.

Enjoy your next visit. You'll be glad you found this place.

Stayed April 2007
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,050 reviews
Surftides Lincoln City
Surftides Lincoln City
#9 of 36 in Lincoln City

Been to Pacific City Inn? Share your experiences!