“Excrement on the toilet seat!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific City Inn

Pacific City Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pacific City
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
“Excrement on the toilet seat!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights ago - took forever for someone to help at the front office, there was I kid not, crap on the underside of the toilet seat, no screens on the slider door which was our only source of air (no air conditioner), room smelled like urine - I think from a really bad smelling air freshener trying to hide the smell, 3 of us had one drink each at the bar - $28! Room was over $130 for a really sub par experience (air strip is right behind so you can listen to small planes taking off while trying to relax).........would give it a lower rating if I could.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ftbrunswick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I would never deal with this hotel again. I recently was booking a hotel for spring break. It was about 2 1/2 weeks away from the date I needed the room. I went through Bookings.com and booked a room with Pacific City Inn. I called them that day because I know that when you book through a 3rd party it is good to check with the hotel itself. I also wanted to see what they charged for a dog. The woman I spoke with said it was $20/night for the dog, that she saw my room on-line. As we got off the phone, she gave me the heads up, "just be sure, that if you need to cancel, there's a 72-hour policy"....no problem. Well, five days later, I needed to cancel the reservation (it was now 2 weeks out from the actual reservation date). I went to cancel on-line, but there was a block on the Bookings.com website. I called Bookings.com. They said they would call the hotel. Bookings.com called me back, said they had spoken with Katherine at the hotel, and that it was cancelled.

That night (a work night!) at 9:10pm, the manager of Pacific City Inn, Jeff Williams, called my home to tell me that he was charging my credit card $141.00 for the two nights that I had booked. I told him the reservation had been cancelled, he said too bad, it was an issue I would have to take up with Bookings.com. I also told him I had personally called the hotel to ask for their policies, which the desk clerk had told me was a 72-hour cancellation policy, he replied that she was misinformed. I also told him that Bookings.com had called the hotel and gotten the ok to cancel, he replied that there was no one by the name of Katerine who worked there.

To make a long story short, by 10pm (on a work night!) Bookings.com said they would reimburse me. So, in the end, I was very pleased with Bookings.com but would NEVER, EVER do business with Pacific City Inn again!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ebhodges
Dallas, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

DONT BOOK IT. 1) there isn't anyone in the actual office and so you have to buzz in and wait ten minutes for someone to answer. they then take you on the most awkward tour of their bistro and restaurant parts. 2) the room: bed sheets were damp, smelled like grandpas old boots, and looked like grandpas old sweater. There were spiders in the corners. The carpet is greasy feeling (don't take your socks off!) the coffee set looks like it's been there for decades, along with the wallpaper and television. The actual mattresses are ripped. When i first got into the room it was FREEZING and took an hour to warm up. The bathroom: disgusting. Floor was dirty. The shower was so small. No bathtub. Toilet from the 70s. The soap made me feel even dirtier.
I can't wait to get home!
I am so disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kellilynn1995

Travelers are raving about these Pacific City hotels

Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Room was cute and clean and comfortable . We had to ask for another fridge cause the one in the room wasn't working. They did bring us one that worked. Went to take a shower in the morning and their was no hot water. The morning we left was able to take a hot shower. Not much of a view and a little walk to beach.Very basic room

Room Tip: If your OK with a very basic room then this would be fine
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine d
Morro Bay, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Arrived 8 p.m. freezing cold, office door locked, rang bell and eventually heard a voice, waited
around in the cold till she found her keys. Finally got to room---TV wouldn't work, couldn't
call the desk because the phone didn't work, had to use my cell phone. Got that problem
solved. Had asked at desk for wake up call but was told there was a clock in the room with
an alarm. Problem was the clock didn't work---back to the cell phone. He said he would come
and knock on the door (which he did.) Next-----turned on light over bed then couldn't turn it
off---finally unscrewed the bulbs. Checked out-----no apology-----no discount. We travel
constantly and, believe me, this was the worst. This motel needs to join the 21st. century.
Great view of the ducks!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for two beds, room usually larger.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Allison M
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Inn was basic and had no A/C but that wasn't a problem since we were on the second floor and just left the sliding glass door open and let the breeze blow through the screen. The propriotor was very friendly and showed us all around the property. It is a two story property with no elevators so if you don't want to carry your luggage up steps ask for a first floor room. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LuckyPenny8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a beach hotel to fly to with my family, Pacific city has a small airstrip so called around and this sounded like the best deal. As I landed the proprietor walked out to meet us (the nice little used runway is right behind the hotel) and helped with bags, nice as we have a toddler. Went straight to the room, it was a suite, but he gave us a better rate as we did not need that much space or beds even though it was the last room in town on a busy summer weekend. Dated furnishings and carpet, kitchenette, but super clean and everything works. We werewalking with a stroller (no car) owners Jeff and Pat offered us a ride down the beach since they were going anyway. Super nice people, surprisingly good restaurant. If you need the 4 seasons its not, but a fun clean hotel a block from the beach there's nothing better!

• Stayed September 2013
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,557 reviews
Liberty Inn Lincoln City
Liberty Inn Lincoln City
#20 of 36 in Lincoln City

Been to Pacific City Inn? Share your experiences!